Home

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

tweedle dee and tweedle dum

I sure love these girlies...

They are sometimes wild and crazy - and I want to scream my head off.

They definitely yell and fight - and I feel like A LOT of my day is refereeing.

They make a mess and are still learning how to clean up - and I want to pull my hair out.

They talk and ask why and do their fair share of screaming - and I sometimes want a mute button.

But on our good days - they are great.

We turn the music up and dance in the kitchen while we cook dinner together and wait till daddy comes home.

On those days we snuggle in our secret book nook with piles of book and read together under our fleece blankies.

My favorite are the days when I get on the floor and pretend to love playing My Little Ponies and Polly Pocket and Little People as I listen to their imaginations.

I can't help being such a proud momma when we do crafts and art projects together and I see all their creativity shining through.

I love the times when we run around the house chasing one another and giggling up a storm when we catch each other and give tickles as we laugh hysterically on the living room floor.

So is motherhood easy? NO WAY!

Do I raise my voice more than I'd like to? Sure.

Do I go through the day and feel sad at the end because I didn't really 'play' with the girls today or feel like I spent 'quality' time with them? Sure.

Do I have days where I think 'I'm not good enough' or struggle because I want and know I should be giving more but I just don't for some reason? Sure.

But one thing I know for sure - I love them. So much.

They make my day brighter, my life fuller, and my heart bigger. And sometimes that love is enough.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Loved this post! You are an amazing mom with beautiful girls! Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Thank you for putting those feelings into words. I feel the exact same way.

Company EIGHT said...

What a sweet post. A big ditto to it all!

Carn Family said...

Well said. Mothering is the most challenging yet rewarding job out there and you do a great job at it!

Mindy said...

It may be partially pregnancy hormones, but this totally made me tear up! So well put!

ForeverCurly said...

Hey there, it's Audrey Smart. Your girls are so beautiful!! What a great family you have. Miss seeing you all!
-Audrey

EatRunWorkPlay said...

YEAH! Being a MOM is so hard, but the best thing ever!
Your girls will always think your the best, regardless if you do or not! Kids don't judge...wait until their teenagers, I heare this is when they start telling you how they really feel! :)