Home

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{smitten}


I don't know if it's because I wished for her for so long. I don't know if it's because she only wakes up once a night. I don't know if it's because she's an awesome nurser. All I know is that I am absolutely smitten with our new little one.
Don't get me wrong. She's still a newborn. She still fusses and needs to be snuggled to bed. I still flinch each and every time she latches on to nurse. I still have pounds and pounds and a few more pounds on my body that I know aren't coming off unless I try really hard. But everything that comes along with a new baby is so worth it right now.
I love snuggling and holding and kissing this little girl. Every time I see her I smile and coo and light up. She makes me wish my eyes were a camera and I could take a picture and capture each and every moment I have with her and cherish it forever.

This little angel has strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father has a plan. It's most likely not exactly what our plan for our lives is. We don't always know it and really don't need to know it. Things will work out how He has planned. I longed and hoped for this little miracle long before she came but now I realize that her timing was absolutely perfect. 
I love you to pieces little miss elle marie.

6 comments:

ForeverCurly said...

I can't wait to meet this new little one! I first met you right after Addison was born. It will be fun to share our newborns with each other! She is beautiful, Erica!

Tiffany said...

I am SO happy for your family. She is gorgeous just like your other sweet girls. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect and it is sweetest once we can see that huh? I am excited to meet her! Congrat's to you and Justin!

whitney said...

Oh, she's just so darn perfect.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I feel the same way about my Aftyn. Waiting makes the heart grow fonder. :)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! Elle is beautiful! I love all the wonderful pictures of your adorable family!

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so glad I could finally get my hands on her!!! She is absolutely perfect, even on her sassy days. :)