So my baby is 8 weeks old today. Time flies. Really.
(this was around 4 or 5 weeks when we caught her smiling on camera for the first time)
Last Saturday our town has it's annual run/walk. Since it was only 1 week after I had my 6 week post partum check up (and I don't run before then) I decided I would only sign up for the 1 mile fun run.
So as soon as I had my post partum checkup I went and ran 2 miles, then 4 miles another day and then we went to pick up our packets for the race. Instead of having Justin down for running the 5K they had my name down. Instead of waiting in the long line to get things changed around my sweet hubby (who knew I secretly wanted to run the 5K) told me to just leave things the way they were and he wouldn't run.
So...I'm a crazy woman and my third time running after having a baby I ran a 5K - it kicked my booty and I sure was sore afterward but man did it feel good and I'm so glad I didn't have to miss out on this annual tradition.
I finished in 30 mintues and some odd seconds. Here I am chugging away at the finish.



Then I ran the 1 mile fun run with my mom afterwards. It was her first race and she ran the whole thing - I was super proud of her!


And one of my sweet babies cheering me on! She informed me, "Mommy, I run too!" So at the end of the 1 mile fun run my sister took her through the finish line!

We love this annual event and were so glad to got to spend the day enjoying it with family, friends, and others in the community!
(this was around 4 or 5 weeks when we caught her smiling on camera for the first time)Last Saturday our town has it's annual run/walk. Since it was only 1 week after I had my 6 week post partum check up (and I don't run before then) I decided I would only sign up for the 1 mile fun run.
So as soon as I had my post partum checkup I went and ran 2 miles, then 4 miles another day and then we went to pick up our packets for the race. Instead of having Justin down for running the 5K they had my name down. Instead of waiting in the long line to get things changed around my sweet hubby (who knew I secretly wanted to run the 5K) told me to just leave things the way they were and he wouldn't run.
So...I'm a crazy woman and my third time running after having a baby I ran a 5K - it kicked my booty and I sure was sore afterward but man did it feel good and I'm so glad I didn't have to miss out on this annual tradition.
I finished in 30 mintues and some odd seconds. Here I am chugging away at the finish.



Then I ran the 1 mile fun run with my mom afterwards. It was her first race and she ran the whole thing - I was super proud of her!


And one of my sweet babies cheering me on! She informed me, "Mommy, I run too!" So at the end of the 1 mile fun run my sister took her through the finish line!

We love this annual event and were so glad to got to spend the day enjoying it with family, friends, and others in the community!

10 comments:
Great job Erica! But you're crazy! I can't believe you ran that much when you just started back up after having a baby!
Wow! You are amazing.
You are freaking amazing! Way to go. Looks like a fun activity.
You did Awesome!! That was great your mom ran too!!! What great examples for your kiddos :)
I think that is great! Good job!
Way to go! I don't know if I was even running yet 8 weeks postpartum!
Wow! Great job on your run!! That's amazing!
What a fun tradition to keep up! You are seriously amazing for doing that Erica!! I think that being "tricked" into doing things, rather than planning for them for weeks/months, can make them seem easier (mentally, not physically!), so it's fun that you got to do what you really wanted to do, but didn't have to stress over it for too long. I definitely could not have done more than the mile race at 8 weeks. I was still trying to figure out how to run with my "new" body, let alone run a 5k. Keep it up :)
You are my hero! :)
I'm not surprised at all--you are amazing!!!! What a fun day!!
Post a Comment