Home

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The week before Halloween I got one of these: It was my award for losing 10 lbs.

I'm not one of those people whose baby weight just melts away with time. I wish!!! I lose 1/2 in the first week post partum and then the rest stays. I run my little heart out most days of the week and I have to watch what I eat. It sucks. But I've learned now that this is my body and I know what it does and I know what I have to do to get it back to where I want and like it to be. So although I still have 5 pounds left to get to my pre-pregnancy weight I feel like it's not too far off now.

Hence the reason I heart Weight Watchers and am giving them this little shout out today!

I wish I didn't have to lose weight. Or feel like I had to. Because I know I don't have to. My hubby likes me however I am. I know I could eat whatever I wanted and try and be happier with my body being 10-15 lbs more than I'd like. But I don't like it and I'm not happy when it is. I wish I had the self control to resist sweets and manage my portion control better. But I don't. So I've learned that in the meantime I do Weight Watcher's. And I know that if I stick to it (that's the trick) it will and does work.

And one of the most comforting things I love about this specific program is how much it shows you that there are LOTS and I mean LOTS of people who struggle with weight issues. Way more than you'd think. That's comforting to hear and know that lots of people want to lose weight and work hard as well to try and achieve it (what is it with us women that love talking about and knowing that everyone has issues they have to deal with?).

So for those of you who know how to lose weight by yourself - you are awesome - I wish I could do it.

And for those of you who are happy with however your body is - I admire you because I need to find that in my life as well. Any advice on how to do that...



5 comments:

Lyndi said...

10lbs - awesome! Seriously, you are so dedicated - you totally inspire me. I guess I should get on the ball too! :)

Aubrey said...

You go girl!

Company EIGHT said...

You ROCK!!! Wtg!!!

whitney said...

Wow, ten lbs is A LOT, especially on someone on the shorter side. I'm really impressed!

As for weight watchers, it really is a great program. Both my sisters and my mom use it and love it.

mylittlegems said...

First of all, way to go! That is great- but I think your weight melts off...since when I have a baby, mine stays put for quite a while- like until I am done nursing. I still have 40 lbs. to lose!! And I am so glad you gave a shout out for WW. I worked there as a leader and receptionist for about 5 years, until after baby #2...and I loved it. I really believe it works...so I just need to do it now :)
And about accepting "your body". I know most woment struggle with that, no matter what their weight is. I heard Nie Nie say something on Oprah, after her accident that really helped me. She said, "I am a different kind of beautiful now." If someone who had her face and body burned over 80%, can still think she is beautiful, then I certainly can believe that- too - we are all just a different kind of beautiful at different times in our lives...sorry to go on- but I thought it was a good thought to share ;) Now off to lose 10 lbs myself and then some....☻