Home

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Date

Can I just say I have loved having a little girl first! Brooklyn is just now getting to the age where we can go out and do fun things together!



This past weekend I took her to see the new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog. She did awesome! We met our friends there, she picked out candy, and then snuggled on my lap the entire time - we didn't even have to leave for a potty break!!!




Afterwards I surprised her with a new (Tiana) princess Barbie! She was so excited and the thing has not left her side all weekend.

I know she's still little but I'm already looking forward to all the fun things we're going to do together in the future. I look back and think of all the things my mom and I did together when I was younger and all the fun we still continue to have together - I can't wait to experience all of that with my sweet little girls!!!

6 comments:

whitney said...

That's so sweet! I love that you surprised her with the barbie in particular. I love that Georgia is getting old enough that we can actually start to do the girly-bonding thing too. Ezra's just so much like my engineer husband that I kind of missed the boat on that one ;)

Kristyn said...

I also love when kids get a little older and can really be your best bud. Building blocks, etc. everyday was not my favorite thing, but I am really relishing this stage where my child can talk and everything is so exciting and fun too.

I really liked the site you listed below. I made some mental notes for the future and am excited to try them out. Have you heard of Devin Alexander? I recently discovered her too and have really liked what she's got. Have you heard of Bethenny Frankel? She's from The Real Housewives of NYC (my selfish indulgence) and the recipes on her website look super tasty. Anyway, I love how there's so many alternatives to healthy eating out there now. It really gets me so excited! And have you read In Defense of Food? (My goodness I have a lot of q's for you!) It changed my entire approach to food, seriously. Anyway, I think that's enough from me! :)

Carn Family said...

What a fun day. I enjoy my time with my girls now but I also look forward to the future of weekend girly trips to the spa and shopping. There is just something special about having a daughter.

bryceandjamie said...

I love that you had a mommy/daughter date! How fun and how lucky for your little girl that she has such a great mom!

Bethanne said...

It is wonderful, isn't it? I love that too! Not that I don't love my boys, but doing special mommy/daughter things together is something else. Love it.

Company EIGHT said...

What a fun thing to do!!! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy such a fun day together.