Home

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Favorite Finds

This summer has been full of some new and amazing finds that have made their appearance and found a place to stay in my everyday life - here are just a few...


Garmin Watch
Love this thing! This was my Mother's Day present (the hubby picked it out and surprised me all on his own). It tracks my pace, distance, time, etc. when I'm running. It has helped me in my running in so many ways - it is so worth every single penny!
Warm Delight Mini's
I tried the regular size Warm Delights a couple of months ago after my sister's had said they were yummy and I had a coupon. But at more than 300 something calories per thing I never really wanted all those calories so I always had to find someone to share (and the hubby isn't the biggest sweets person) - so when I saw these on sale at the grocery store last week I had to snag them and give them a try! Perfection. I love cakes and chocolate but if I make a treat and have it sitting around my house I will definitely polish it off - but these - oh with only 150 calories they're only 3 weight watcher points and can easily fit into my day when I'm craving a little something sweet. Lavash Bread
Okay so I like food - and finding food that I like and that is healthy for me. I snatched up this Lavash Bread when I saw it at Walmart the other week. It's like a huge rectangle tortilla but only has 100 calories and like 12 grams of fiber. Lately I've been cutting it in half and adding some turkey or chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. it make a yummy roll-up sandwich! Perfect low fat lunch :)
Pillsbury Sweet Moments
And yet I bought these because of another coupon...I am so glad I did though! I often times want a brownie but don't want to make an entire pan because then I'll want to eat them all so these little things are perfect. They're found near the refrigerated cookie dough. There are 12 in a package and each little nugget is only 60 calories - 1.5 weight watcher points. Give them a try!

Pace Calculator
Based on this post it seems like all my life has consisted off is food and working out ;) I've been too lazy to read the manuel to my watch and figure out how to find the overall pace I've kept on my runs. But I did find this easy little site that figures it out for me. For all those runners or walkers out there - check it out!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml



Exercise TV - video on demand
And finally...the other night the hubby and I were looking through Video on Demand on our TV to see if there were any good movies to watch and I scrolled across to Free Demand and then down to the Exercise Network. Up popped tons and tons of free workout videos - anything from 10 minute ab routines to Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred, to whatever else you might be looking for. If you have it - check it out!!!

Hope you all are having a wonderful summer and I'll be sure to post something else soon ~ non food or workout related!

4 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

I have been eyeing those Pillsbury Sweet Moments for awhile now, and really wanting to try them. I think I might have to now!

Great finds!

Young Family said...

I bought that watch for Joe a few weeks ago.

Carolyn said...

I'll definitely have to try the sweets! Your watch looks and sounds great!

Kristyn said...

I am sooo getting some of those sweets! And thanks for the note on the pacing website...not that I'm fast. It might be more depressing to actually find out the truth. :)