Home

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Birthday...

I love my birthday. Actually this one was one I wasn't really looking forward to all that much - I really am feeling like I'm beginning to get old! However I never seem to be disappointed on my special day - thanks to all those that love me so much :) The celebrations began last weekend when I took the girl's down to my mom's house because Justin was going to end up working some pretty long hours over the weekend. We ended our time together with an early celebration of my birthday with a carrot cake I love.

Then my actual birthday weekend we headed down to my dad's house because he had offered to watch the girls all day on Saturday while Justin and I got away and did whatever we wanted. It was pure heaven. We shopped, browsed around IKEA, held hands all day, everything about it was lovely!
We finished it off with dinner at my absolute FAVORITE Mexican Restaurant Xochimilco's - right in the heart of Mexican town in Detroit. If you live in Michigan you must go and order the beef enchilada's. It's been featured at Detroit's best Mexican Restaurant for several years - there's definitely a reason why! It is fast, authentic, and OH SO YUMMY.

We headed home and had cake and ice cream with the girlies before they headed off to bed and we stayed up and watched a movie with my dad. The girl's had a blast with their PaPa and he must have too because he already called today to tell them he missed them!

And if that wasn't enough - I have the best girl friends around...Yesterday they showed up for a fun night of Just Dance on the Wii and snuggling up to the Bachelor AND...it really does get better......they showed up with E-V-E-R-Y one of my favorite treats! Buttercream cake, Walmart brownies, carrot cake, etc. We chowed down, had fun, and ended the nights with full bellies and lots of giggles!

One more year down and oh so many to look forward to...

6 comments:

Carn Family said...

Getting old.....so not true! It looks like you got some serious partying in over the last few weeks. Now I am craving Mexican food.

Company EIGHT said...

Let's not talk about getting old, lol. I'm going to have to try that Mexican restaurant! I am craving REALLY good Mexican food, which we don't have here.
Glad you loved all the treats! Oh, and I think I need to have a dance practice. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Erica!! I tried calling you this week. I knew your birthday was coming up but couldn't remember the exact date!! Sorry! What kind of friend am I?!?! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! Hope to see you soon!!

Bryden Blabbing said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! And I laughed out loud that you think you are getting old - ha!

Wife and Mama said...

How fun!! Great girlfriends are the best :)

Our Family Adventures said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad you had such a wonderful week!!