Home

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

backyard camping

Almost every year since we've lived in Michigan we've went camping. I'm definitely a day or two camper with kids but this summer we've been SO busy and with Justin getting ready to travel we just weren't sure if it was going to happen.






So...we decided to have our own little campout in our backyard. Addison occupied herself chowing down on GIANT marshmallows while we cookied dinner. No surprise she didn't eat her veggies a little later on!






Brooklyn ran around picking flowers from our yard and decorating the table. She also set up her own princess tent and managed to bring quite the truckload of barbies outside.







Justin maned the fire.




We chowed down on tin foil dinners complete with veggies we picked straight from the garden and our new favorite protein - chicken sausage.





And no camping experience is complete without s'mores. Since I haven't had ANY of these summer staples so far this year 2 somehow managed to sneak into my belly!




We planned on getting the tent out after dinner but it started to sprinkle so instead our campground made it's way into the basement. Sleeping bags on the basement floor + watching CARS on TV = as good as it gets this year!






2 comments:

Mindy said...

That sounds like the perfect "campout" with little kids! Matt and I went all the tome pre-kids, but I've been chicken to go with the kids. I think I could really get onboard with this version!

Company EIGHT said...

How fun! Backyard camping is the best!