Home

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

remember forever

I want this blog to be a journal. I do a horrible job at keeping an actual one so this is as good as it's gonna get soimetimes.


Lately I feel like its been more of a 'scrapbook' of things that have been happening in our life - which don't get me wrong is wonderful - but I also want to make sure I include all of those little daily occurances that I hope to remember forever.


My mom has in her journal the day she had me. In a 3 ring binder on simple notebook paper is written the day and her feelings that I've been able to see and read. I want my kids to have something like that to cherish forever as well -not just the super fun things we got out and do but the small moments, the good and the bad, the actual real life that we live.


When Justin was gone in Germany we stayed at my dad's for a few days. The girls and I were all sharing a room in his new loft. Every night I would put Addy to bed in the pack 'n' play and then about a 1/2 hour later once she was asleep I'd go and put Brooklyn to bed and lay in there with her for a few minutes.


One particular night I snuggled up beside her and laying on my stomach closed my eyes. As we laid there together both on our tummies with our eyes closed she wrapped her tiny little arm around me and gently starting rubbing my back. I didn't ask her to, we never even spoke a word, but tears filled my eyes as this sweet little 4 year old could probably sense my lonliness and did what she could to comfort me.


How grateful I am for my children. How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who made them so so different but both so perfect and felt me adequate enough to raise them. They each came with so many attributes and qualities that I already admire and teach me so many things on how to become more like Him. I'm one lucky momma and each day count my lucky stars to have each of them in our home and as part of our family.

1 comment:

Company EIGHT said...

What a sweet moment. They really are the things you want to remember forever. ♥