Justin and I celebrated the big 8 this year and really wanted to getaway for the weekend. Our kids are at the perfect ages to be left and we decided to finally do it. This was the first time we'd left our girls for more than one night and it was HEAVENLY!
I went to Chicago back in the spring with my girlfriends and have been dying to visit there again with the hubby in tow this time. We pimped it out in style by staying in the Hard Rock Hotel right on Michigan Ave.
We had a very modern room and bathroom complete with rock star pictures and quotes. It was super fun to stay in a room that felt fancy and special.
One of the absolute best parts of vacationing is the food. I've become quite the foodie recently. I think about it often, love to read about, learn about it, try new things, see what others are eating, etc.
After learning about this pizza place on The Best Thing I Ever Ate Justin and I had been dying to check it out. It was out in Lincoln Park so we hopped on the train and ventured out there. It was fabulous. We were so eager to try their pizza pot pie but it actually just wasn't as good as we had hopped - their bread and salad dressings though - SO SO SO good!!! We would definitely go back just for the salad and bread. There were several other places we wanted to eat but just didn't get around to it or want to travel that far as they were kind of outside of walking distance - hopefully there's a next time though - then we'll be able to hit up even more!
We could see The Bean from our room so the first day we were there we ventured out to see Milleniel Park. We had fun finiding tons of different ways to take pictures there.
Later that night we got my favorite cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and went to eat it at Buckingham fountains. This was our attempt at getting a picture of us with the fountains in the background - I guess the kissing was more important.
The next day we shopped and shopped and shopped until we literally dropped. Although we only came home with a pair of clearance shorts, a gift for Justin's dad, and a little something for the girls.
The only time during the day we ever sat down was for lunch and dinner. So later in the evening after we waited in line FOREVER for our Garrett's popcorn - we gladly welcomed the relaxing ride on the ferris wheel.

I however am a scaredy cat when it comes to ferris wheels and clung to either Justin or the side bars the ENTIRE time. The ferris wheel just goes so slow - Justin even agreed that it's nice to see the city that way but that it was definitely scarier when the ferris wheel just creeps along.

Finally, we finished our weekend with a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry. Here we are checking out the 80 mile an hour winds in a fun booth they have. I love this place and could literally stay ALL day so it always makes me sad to leave feeling like I really didn't get to see and read everything the way I'd like to.
We stopped at a delicious place to eat called Pizza Capri for some yummy bread and pasta before heading home. It was the perfect little trip and getaway that was just what we were needing.
I however am a scaredy cat when it comes to ferris wheels and clung to either Justin or the side bars the ENTIRE time. The ferris wheel just goes so slow - Justin even agreed that it's nice to see the city that way but that it was definitely scarier when the ferris wheel just creeps along.
Finally, we finished our weekend with a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry. Here we are checking out the 80 mile an hour winds in a fun booth they have. I love this place and could literally stay ALL day so it always makes me sad to leave feeling like I really didn't get to see and read everything the way I'd like to.
We definitely aren't going to wait so long to do it again - I think we're already planning the next one!

7 comments:
Good for you guys! Looks like a blast. I love Chicago. Matt and I try to get away by ourselves at least once a year...and it's something we really look forward to, and NEED quite frankly! It probably won't happen for a while once we have the new baby...but that's life:)
I am so glad you were able to go! Nothing beats a great getaway!!!
Wahoo! That looks SO fun, and yummy--it was making me hungry just reading about that!
So glad you were able to get away...
I want that bread NOW! Your trip sounded like a blast and made me very hungry. I am glad you had a fun weekend away...it is so fun to stay in a super cool hotel too!
So much fun! lol at the kissy-face picture! Oh, and I'm a pansy about ferris wheels too. They're so scary!
You guys are seriously the cutest couple ever. Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good time.
Oh! We love Chicago- it looks like you hit all of the highlights! What an awesome trip.
Post a Comment