This year for Christmas we went down to Florida! It was warm and lovely and a perfect getaway. Luckily, lots of family was down there so we got to spend the holidays sitting poolside surrounded by those we love.
We couldn't drive that far and not stop at "The Happiest Place on Earth." We only spent one day at the Magic Kingdom but we all had a blast and can't wait till we're able to go again!
The first thing we decided to do was find the princesses. We thought we would get that out of the way as soon as possible and hopefully avoid some lines. Rapunzel was Brooklyn's choice and of course an hour wait as soon as we got in the park! We took turns waiting while the other strolled around and looked at things in the area. The girls did great although I'm not so sure they were too excited about Disney World when a long line right off the bat was their first experience!
We chatted for a bit with the lady by us and luckily for us they had some coloring sheets while in line. After finally making it up there to personally meet their princess they were in aw with her dress and super long flowered hair!
Next we hoped on some rides to make sure the girls enjoyed all Disney had to offer.
First was Dumbo - I was proud to say both of the girls hoped right onto all of the rides!
Then we hit up the Teacups, Peter Pan, and my favorite (as you can probably tell from my eyes in the picture below) It's a Small World.
After some rides we decided we would attempt waiting in line for Addison's choice of princess - Ariel. I am SO glad we did! She was absolutely amazing and out of all the characters we met that day she was by far my favorite. So sweet and truly genuine. I loved her as much or more than my girls did!
After waiting in line forever we needed a rest - time for another one of my favorites - The Tiki Room. Those birds sure know how to put on quite a show!
Addison's favorite character by far is Mickey Mouse. She has been in love with him for over a year now. Just our luck she completely zonked out while standing in line for him. She was utterly exhausted but right before we walked in to meet Mickey and Minnie we were finally able to get her awake!
We're sure glad she didn't miss that one!
The day wasn't complete without lots of junk food, souvenirs, and meeting all of our favorite characters.
(Even Simba the stuffed animal Addy picked out made his way into the ride and snuggled between us. My dad had bought Addy The Lio King for Christmas and she has fallen in love with him - although the entire trip we kept hearing her ask us, "What's his name again?" For the life of her she could never remember!)
The Bear Jamborie...
And a whole slew of more princesses...
But there was no way we were leaving the park without a ride on Daddy's favorite - Buzzlightyear - which ended up being both of the girl's favorite ride as well!
It definitely was a day to remember. Although our girls are young they were in love with absolutely everything about it and I know they had the time of their lives - even if they won't be
able to remember it in 20 years, Justin and I still will!

5 comments:
Fun, Fun, and FUN! I am so glad you were able to do that!! It is such a joy to watch your children's faces enjoy what they are doing :)
Oh what fun! I'm so glad you had a great time!
I am just getting caught up on all your Christmas fun. Disney and swimsuits in December...sounds like a perfect way to spend the holidays. It looks like you had an absolute blast!
Looks like a great visit! I love that Justin is such a good sport and posed for a picture with Cinderella!
Wow. You guys packed a LOT in that day! I can't believe all that you did, considering what the lines can be like. Disney is the best. The girls' faces are just too adorable. I love it!
Post a Comment