Home

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

{fourth of july}


This year we headed to Pittsburgh for the Fourth of July. We had fun being with family, eating yummy food, and celebrating by watching lots and lots of fireworks!


After I curled my hair that morning Addison wanted the same :)  She loves to pose for the camera and then immediately see her picture - wonder who she got that from?!?! She's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!


The girls love being at their Nana and Pubi's house - but I have to say their most favorite part is being with their cousins!



Brooklyn spends every Fourth of July watching fireworks from the safety of the car (her ears are sensitive and she absolutely hates the loud noise). This year she spent most of the time in the car and then for the final round of fireworks she came out and laid on the grass! She told me later that she was so brave that night :)  I'm excited to see what years to come bring!


Elle however is taking after Brooklyn so far and after one round of fireworks spent the entire rest of the night in the car with me (where she STILL continued to bawl because of them). I'm excited for the day when our ENTIRE family can actually lay on the grass and watch them together :)


Luckily we came home and then spent the next couple of hours with the entire family lighting off our own fireworks on the street - it was a fun night full of memories! 





Elle putting everything into her mouth - including grass :)


The Fourth of July is the epitome of summer to me - warm weather, red, white, and blue, grilling, fireworks, and family! Hope you enjoyed your holiday and all the freedoms we are so grateful to have here in our country :)


No comments: