Home

Friday, July 19, 2013

{six & seven & eight months}

I thought summer was supposed to be the most chill, relaxing, nothing to do time of the year. Nope. Not around here at least! We have been doing some awesome fun stuff but we have been busy busy busy. 

Somehow this little piggie turned EIGHT months this week. I really can't believe it. How did that happen so quickly?!?


 In the past 2 months Elle has learned to sit up. It has been the best thing ever. I can now prop her in front of a basket of baby toys and she will happily sit and play away while I help the girls or get some stuff done.  She doesn't roll over much (basically never) and has yet to crawl. She's following after Brooklyn in that department (she didn't crawl till 11 months and walk till 16 months!!!) I'm not fretting because it makes my life easier for the time being knowing I can sit her down and she stays right there :)


She has learned to clap and loves doing it. She gets the biggest smile when she hears someone else doing it :) She loves when you sing to her and play interactive nursery rhymes together.


She loves just about any food you give her and is always reaching for whatever it is you have to put in her mouth - food or not! Since she's not crawling yet she has the cutest chubbiest thighs and rolls that I just can't get enough of these days.


We think she recognizes her name and is learning how to wave and give a kiss. She is one of the happiest, snuggliest, most content babies I know and I thank my lucky stars every day for being able to have her as one of my babies. She lights up my life and enlarges my heart each and every day.



She had a super high fever for about 10 days at the beginning of summer when these 6 month pictures were taken - hence the super flushed look with the bright red cheeks :(




1 comment:

James and Talai Macfarlane said...

She is the cutest thing ever! I can't get enough of her! I adore her smile and love how she snuggles you - too cute! I want one just like her :)