This was my little toodle just before Halloween - at 11 months old. As you can tell from the pictures she's happy, healthy, very active and oh so mobile - the girl sure gives me a run for my money.
Here's what my life currently looks like with a now 12 month old:
Most nights I get a restful uninterrupted sleep. About once a week I end up rocking my baby back to sleep, hitting Justin to get up and go give her a binkie, or more likely bringing her into bed to snuggle so we all can try and get a little more shut eye.
Then I wake up dead tired and try to hit the pavement to get a run in. I come back sweaty and stinky and more times then I'd like to admit end up that same way all day long at least till maybe a nap time when I weigh the pros and cons of getting in the shower or eating peacefully or even better - watching a show.
The girl loves food. Way more than any of my other girls. Her favorites - grapes (she got that one from her mama), baby food, mac and cheese (to which she does an awesome job feeding herself), and bottles. This girl lives for her bottles. She holds it herself, cozies up, and usually chugs the entire thing. We are beginning the weening process to whole milk but she currently is not a fan of whole milk and lets face it - a bottle is way more convenient for mommy then real food!!!
Food - that's another story. That's what the rest of my day is spent doing. Making food, finding food she can eat and chomp on without choking due to only having a few teeth. Sweeping and sweeping and sweeping some more.
Oh yea then we can't forget the endless amounts of time I spend sitting on the staircase because she loves climbing to the top and then whining because she can't get down. So I usually sit there, let her accomplish her goal of making it to the top, then drag her feet first on her belly down so she can learn how to do it herself. She starting to get the hang of it so mommy's super pumped to be able to start letting her have free roam of the house :)
Except for the bathrooms...oh the bathrooms...toliet paper is this girl's favorite thing these days. unwinding it. eating it. sorting through the trash. playing with the toliet water...you name it - if it involves the bathroom she absolutely adores it. We tried just keeping the doors shut but with a 4 & 6 year old around that didn't always happen. So - now the toliet paper remain on the back of the toliet along with the trash...one day it will make its way to the floor again :)
I sure hope this post did not sound like complaining. I am so incredibly grateful to have this sweet little pumpkin in my life. I prayed and prayed and prayed for her and am so glad she is part of our family. I'm so lucky to have a healthy baby who can eat, likes to eat, has strong muscles to move around, a baby who is growing and learning and developing properly...I love her to pieces and realize what an amazing little miracle she is -
I just have to keep it real sometimes :)

1 comment:
Didn't sound like you were complaining at all! Just explaining what a cute mischievous little girl you have on your hands! Can't wait till she's a part of our family :) Elle Macfarlane ...sounds good, right?!
Post a Comment