Okay...I'm going to attempt to update my blog with the last couple month's worth of stuff I haven't put up yet. So get ready for about a bazillion posts this week :)
Our fall was jam-packed. Here's what we were up to...
Like most mom's...this is what takes up all day every day of my life...
...and I wouldn't want it any other way! Aren't they cute?!?
I sure think so. I love having a house full of ladies. I love to do hair and nails, watch them dress up and dance around the house, they make me laugh and giggle, think and reflect, get annoyed and frustrated and exhausted, but mostly fill my life with so much light and love.
This little miss is growing up - WAY TOO FAST!!! She is hilarious, and cute, and moves around everywhere, comes as quick as the speed of light when she hears the bath water running, gives the absolute best kisses, loves to dance, snuggles all the time and pats my back while her head is resting on my shoulder, and is just about as sweet as can be!
Daddy got a recliner! He's been wanting one for as long as I've known him. It's in the basement and honestly I think the girls have sat in it more than Justin!
Brooklyn had a field trip to the Farmer's Market. I went on that beautiful sunny day as a chaperone. Each group of kids received a few dollars and a color. We went around and checked out veggies and prices and finally had to go buy some goodies that were our color which was yellow. The kids then took their things back to school and made soup the next day. A picture of Brooklyn making her stone soup at school was even featured in the local newspaper :)
Elle tagged along...and has clearly inherited her mom and grandma's cheerleading skills - look at that heel stretch!
When making goodies we found out that Elle loves buttercream icing just as much as everyone else in our family.
During fire prevention week firemen and their truck made a stop at Addison's preschool. She loved learning about fire safety and checking out the truck.
We had some warm days and were able to spend a few final days playing out at our favorite park before it got too cold out. Addy is just about the luckiest little girl to have so many fun friends her age! Can't wait to see them all in oh about 10 years :)
Elle got into something that gave her a little reaction...not sure what it was and Benadryl made it all go away but for a little while there poor girl was looking a little rough!
I'm still running. No big races for me at least until we think our little family is complete. But I do try and get 15 miles in a week: 3 - three milers and 1 - six miler. One pitch black
morning at the very end of our 6 mile run I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and took a rough tumble. Luckily, we were close to my house and my good running buddies ran back, got a car, and came and picked me up because my knee was killing me and wasn't looking too hot. After a few days off I was fine but it's always scary seeing how quickly an injury can occur. Here's one of my battle wounds...
And the sweet treats my friend Suzanne brought by to make sure I was okay :)
Each of the girls (including Elle) love to get a hold of my phone and take photos...I love seeing what appears as I scroll through my gallery :)
I am an Activity Days leader at church and have so much fun with the girls. I have a white box from when I was a youth that was my 'temple box'. I put everything in there that reminded me of the temple or would encourage me to make it there one day. One night we had the girls make their own. They turned out so cute - here they all are with theirs!
Brooklyn had yet another field trip in the fall - to the library! We rode the bus together and got to walk around hand in hand. I adore the fact that she still likes to do that with me - I know it won't last forever! Once there they got a tour of the library, learned all about how to find certain books, and even got to pick out their very own book to take home. Brooklyn picked one from her most favorite series right now: Rainbow Fairies. Elle didn't come along this time and I just love and cherish that special time I get to spend with just Brooklyn - my first baby :)
Along with the nice weather came lots of nasty weather as well. One day pieces of hail were coming down as I waited in the school parking lot to get Brooklyn - yucky!!!!
Finally...one of my little organizational projects this fall. I already have a system in place for all the school papers we want to keep but I was having a hard time finding a place for papers that need to be kept at home and then returned at a later date. So I found these magazine holders that fit perfectly on our bookshelf in the kitchen that the girls keep their homework in (Brooklyn has some that gets kept at home and then returned on Friday/or the end of the month). So now that girls and I know right where their homework is and they can get it and put it away all by themselves :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment