A blog without Brooklyn! I can't believe it. Even though I've had a baby I still have found that I still need my own thing to do. I ran alot before getting pregnant with Brooklyn and have been trying to keep it up now that she is here. Some girls in the ward invited me to run a race with them. I have never ran in a race before but decided since I have been running 4 miles lately that a 5k (3.1 miles) race wouldn't be too bad. So 3 of us girls in the ward ran the 5k and 1 other girl ran the 10k. Here I am standing next to Heather (a mother of 6 from my ward - she looks good doesn't she?) wondering what the heck I am doing. Na, I was nervous and had an upset stomach since the night before, but I was actually quite excited for this new experience. And since they had to test our body fat before the race I was even more excited to go and get some serious cardio in.
And they're off. When we took off I felt like everyone was ahead of me but throughout the race I managed to pass at least 7 people. My two goals with this race were 1. Finish without walking - which I accomplished. 2. Don't be the last to finish - I accomplished.
Here I am crossing the finish line. I usually run between a 9 - 10 minute mile. I finished this race in 30 minutes and something seconds. I thought I would not want to run another race but this one was through the woods so it had tons of dirt, sand, and way more steep hills than I was expecting. So now I'm curious to see how I'd do in a flatter paved street race. Maybe next year...
Finally...it's done. We'll just have to see if another race is in the making :)

6 comments:
Wow Erica! Congrats on your race. You are my inspiration:) Anyway, your blog is so cute...and Brooklyn is Adorable! I hope things are going well for you in MI. I miss it.
-Megan
Congratulations! You look really good and that race looks like so much fun! You'd definitely be able to run faster in a road race, but I think trail-running is more fun. Oh, and if you can run 4 miles, you can do a 10k. :)
Erica!!! I just looked at these after you left! I am so proud of you girl! Maybe next year I will try it out with you girls :) Way to Go!!
good for you!
That's awesome! I love your pink running outfit, I wish even wanted to exercise, but i just a slacker.
Way to go!!! I'm impressed. Now you can say you've done one!
Post a Comment