So the other day as a I was trying to catch up on my endless mound of pictures that need scrapbooking I was reflecting on this new stage in our lives we're currently experiencing here in Michigan and reminisced on the time in our life and place we just left behind. I realized that both have so much to offer and each provide experiences and memories that will last a lifetime. Here's the top ten for both...
Things we miss about our lives in Utah
10. Dry Heat (you've never really sweated until you move somewhere humid, we don't miss the chapped lips however).9. Being Renters (man was it nice to have someone else fix everything that goes wrong with where you live - actually I really don't know how true that was for the places we lived. But hey, once in a great while after twenty million phone calls sometime we would have someone come).
8. Mountains (it's pretty much flat everywhere here. View - what?).
7. Having every single store and restaurant within 15 minutes of where you live( well almost everything).
6. Roberts craft store (I'm lacking in creative ideas to decorate my house with).
5. Costa Vida (if anyone is ever flying from Utah to Michigan PLEASE let me know I would love to pay you to bring me a chicken salad!).
4. Living in a town where practically everyone is around our age and in a similar situation as we are.
3. Having a gazillion temples within an hour and even one within walking distance (now we are 2 hours from the closest temple).
2. Living next door to your very best friends (we were lucky enough to live next to one set of best friends in Union Square and then another set of best friends in Winfield).
1. Friends (we were able to meet and stay friends with so many wonderful people who are now scattered across the globe. We love and miss everyone).
Things we love about our lives in Michigan
10. Humidity (this one is Justin's - not mine).9. Bob Evans (they just have everything to eat).
8. Living in a subdivision with lots of families and people of all ages.
7. Hobby Lobby craft store.
6. Super nice people and drivers (You'd have to be here to really experience the waves and everything else that comes with a community like this one - there are even flowers lining all of the streets throughout town).
5. Green - trees galore!
4. Being in a ward that has not only a nursery but a primary and young men and young women.
3. Owing a home (even though we have to fix things, and it's not furnished, and mowing the lawn, and all of the other stuff that comes along with it - it is worth it!).
2. Meeting new friends that we know we are hopefully not going to be moving away from.
1. Being WAY closer to both of our families (we loving being able to visit at times other than Christmas - and man will we love not having to buy plane tickets this year!).
Oh and it's really hard to have a blog without a few pictures, so here they are...
Brooklyn playing with her musical toy that Grandma got for her at a garage sale. Good thing Grandma really hit up those garage sales because that's where all of Brooklyn's toys have come from. She loves this one because it plays music when her feet tap the piano keys on the bottom. She really goes to town with this toy.
I don't think I would have picked a Mustang for my car if I would have thought more of the future when I was 18 years old. Anyhow, you make the best of what you have. So...we really needed to get an umbrella stroller that would fit better in the trunk. Here is Brooklyn coming home from her first ride in her new stroller. She loved it!

4 comments:
What a great blog idea! I've lived a few other places beside Utah but I'm not sure I could come up with ten things I liked about the other places! LOL I guess Hawaii wasn't that bad! LOL
What a great toy for Brooklyn! A friend of mine has a really good copy recipe of the Costa Vida salad dressing! I'll get it from her and email it to you in the next few days.
How fun! I loved your top ten lists.
I would give anything to live somewhere green again! I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Post a Comment