Home

Monday, May 3, 2010

March of Dimes

Over the past few weeks our MOMS Club I belong to fund raised for the March of Dimes babies. On Saturday they had a 5 mile walk in our town and the whole family went and participated.

My friend Stephanie and I decided we would run the 5 miles while the hubbies (who are buddies and work together) pushed the kiddos in the double strollers. The weather turned out great, our run was wonderful, and even the guys and kids made it the whole time!


We finished off with yummy food and a group picture of those of us from the MOMS Club who participated in the walk/run that morning.

I have officially decided after several friends I know have run 1/2 marathons that I'm gonna give it a shot. I have NO CLUE what I'm getting myself into (actually I do - I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it!) I'm looking into a few 1/2 marathons in September in our state. So...wish me luck - I'm gonna start training (hopefully with some friends!!!) in July to run my first 1/2 marathon (maybe my only!) We'll see how it all goes!!!

5 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

I love 1/2 marathons. They are so much fun!!! They are long enough that you really have to train and it is a great accomplishment, but it doesn't suck up your whole life. Good luck!!! There are so may fun 1/2 to run.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Very nice! Good Job!

Company EIGHT said...

Way to go!!

I think I'm ready to try this 1/2 marathon thing...

Kristyn said...

1/2 marathons are really not that bad at all. Julie summed it up perfectly. And the best part is that you will be soooo proud of yourself afterward. Good for you!

Nicole said...

Good for you Erica! I haven't done one but my sisters-in-law got really into running and have been training for a while. They say it's not so long that you feel like you're going to die afterwards, which I would say is a good thing! Good luck!