On Saturday I ran in my first 10K. I was an absolute nervous wreck. I was up way before my alarm and had to go to the bathroom about a million times before we left. I have no clue why. But then I got there and ran it and adrenaline mixed with my fun songs on the IPOD and seeing friends made the entire thing way too fun! I absolutely loved it and ended up finishing in 55:40 (an 8:58 mile) - which is much faster than I usually run. I was super excited, loved it, and it gave me a nice confidence booster in my actual ability to do the 1/2 marathon in the fall. I actually am starting to believe I really can do it :)
So many of my friends ran and I was so proud of all of them - here I am with one of my good friends Stephanie. This was her first 5K and she did amazing!
Justin ran the 1 mile fun run with my sister.
Here's my other sister on the rock wall.
Then we spent the rest of the beautiful day outside, eating, and shopping. Here my sisters and I sporting some really sassy WAY too tall for us - shoes!
We had an awesome weekend full of fun, laughs, poker, wii games, gardening, and just being together! They came and ran this race last year with us and I'm so glad it's become a tradition!
We had an awesome weekend full of fun, laughs, poker, wii games, gardening, and just being together! They came and ran this race last year with us and I'm so glad it's become a tradition!

8 comments:
So awesome. You totally rocked that race! You're gonna kill the half marathon!
you are so very AWESOME!!! that half marathon will be so fun...because running is fun...right :)!?! i also love the picture of us...how can you still look so good after running 6.2!?!?
Way to go! That is way too awesome!
It was so fun to see your family again! I just love your mom. The shoes....way too cute!!
You are awesome!
Woot! Way to go, girly!
Fun photos, congrats on doing an AWESOME job on your race!
That is AWESOME!! I couldn't run 1 mile in 8:58 let alone 10K, that is great and you are looking awesome!
Post a Comment