Before I start may I just say that I LOVE grapes. They are by far my most favorite fruit.
We're a fruit lovin family and almost all snacks/meals include fruit - so we tend to go through it quite quick around here. Although it can sometimes be expensive I'd rather us all be snacking on that then something else. Hence, why I always snag up a bunch of it when it's on sale at the grocery store. Last week there was not only a bag of apples and a bag of oranges in the fridge but there were also another bag of each hiding in the pantry.
However, this time I think I may have went a teeny tiny wee bit overboard. May I please present...what 28lbs of grapes looks like! I'm crazy. I know. But they were on sale for 88cents a pound and the sale ended today and this girl sure can't pass up a good sale!!! So a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I may have spent a large majority of our grocery budget for the week - but hey, at least they ALL somehow fit in the fridge!
(yes - those are 4 huge salad bowls that are reaching across one whole section of our countertop)
One of my close friends thinks I just might turn into Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...
Hopefully not! I won't be the ONLY one eating them :) Hopefully our family will just be set on our fruit intake for...a week at least!!!
We're a fruit lovin family and almost all snacks/meals include fruit - so we tend to go through it quite quick around here. Although it can sometimes be expensive I'd rather us all be snacking on that then something else. Hence, why I always snag up a bunch of it when it's on sale at the grocery store. Last week there was not only a bag of apples and a bag of oranges in the fridge but there were also another bag of each hiding in the pantry.
However, this time I think I may have went a teeny tiny wee bit overboard. May I please present...what 28lbs of grapes looks like! I'm crazy. I know. But they were on sale for 88cents a pound and the sale ended today and this girl sure can't pass up a good sale!!! So a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I may have spent a large majority of our grocery budget for the week - but hey, at least they ALL somehow fit in the fridge!
One of my close friends thinks I just might turn into Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

5 comments:
Okay missy, I went to go get some, and all the good ones were gone! I know where they are too--in your fridge! LOL. :)
I love grapes too. Right now we mostly eat oranges, i would eat a few pound in a few days:)
I can't believe you fit them all in your fridge. Enjoy your tasty treat and next time maybe save some for the rest of us :)
How funny! Grapes are so my favorite too!
If you're worried about any of your 28lbs(!!!) spoiling, you should pop them in the freezer. They make fabulous frozen treats (if you're worried about the choking hazard, they work great cut up too).
Your posts keep getting better and better! Too funny. That is totally something I would do. But I must say, I have never quite gone THAT overboard! I'm curious how many of them went to waste . . . I mean waist :-)
Post a Comment