Home

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

worth the wait

Last night I was the luckiest lady around! I sat snuggled up on the couch absolutely devouring the best tasting meal out there (in my opinion) that I have not had the opportunity to eat in almost 4 years. Yes, a Cafe Rio salad traveled hundreds and hundreds of miles across the country and finally made its way into my belly last night.

I have the sweetest friend around who was going out to Idaho and then driving across the country back to Michigan. She knew how much I have longed for this salad and was just the dearest friend around and went there, got them to individually package all the fixings, and then kept it all on ice as they made the 5 day drive home. It took all I could muster up to not sit in the car in her driveway and devour the entire thing right there on the spot! I finally made my way home, stuck my tortilla on the griddle, and then arranged all the fixings in the proper order.

It was pure heaven. I was nice and shared and tiny bit with the hubby and girls. Oh and you know those two girlies are SOOO mine when today (after eating this with me last night) I gave them some of the leftover tortilla strips and they immediately asked, "Where's the dressing?" I had to respond that there was none left (duh! I for sure licked every drop up last night) and they proceeded to politely leave their tortilla strips on their plate untouched.

So to my dear most sweetest friend Stephanie...THANK YOU! Nothing could have made me happier last night! I'm so grateful to have a friend who loves me so much she was willing to attempt such a feat. Those chocolates last night were a start but I think I will forever be in your debt!

6 comments:

Carn Family said...

I can imagine the ear to ear grin you must have had on your face. What a lucky girl. And did you chop your hair????

Stephanie Lowe said...

you are SO So more than welcome! It was actually really fun for me, too! So glad it was still yummy...and I LOVE that the girls were wanting the dressing! ♥u!!!

Company EIGHT said...

It was SO delicious! That dear Stephanie--she's the best!

whitney said...

How adorable is that?! You are definitely one lucky girl!

Carolyn said...

Wow! What an awesome friend! I'm totally jealous, a cafe rio salad right now sounds absolutely wonderful. And yes, I also would lick up every last drop of that dressing!

Jamie Frandsen said...

Yay for Cafe Rio! I love that you are bonkers over the pork salad. I remember the days at Freedom . . . it was a cafe rio salad every Friday night for Erica! You are the only person I know who likes those salads (and the dressing) BETTER than me.

Have you ever attempted to make the salad at home? I've got a recipe that comes pretty close. And since you are banished to Michigan, with no Cafe Rio, the recipe could be a small consolation.