So I've officially been 29 years old for almost a month and have yet to write a post about my birthday.

My birthday was on a Monday this year and we just happened to luck out when the girls were invited to a birthday party the weekend prior - did I mention both girls were invited? And the party was 5
hours long!!!
Justin and I took advantage of our free time and headed out to lunch at Olive Garden and then to do a little shopping. Later that night our good friends watched our kids while we headed out once again for some alone time. It was a wonderful day and the perfect way to celebrate my birthday a little early.
On my actual birthday we had a playdate in the morning with good friends. I always love being with friends and chatting while my girls enjoy playing with their little friends! Then we headed out around
noon when my wonderful friend took me out to a super yummy lunch. The night ended with my best girlfriends coming over with an oh so delicious cake and we ended the night getting cozy and watching The Bachelor.
It was a perfect way to celebrate. I told Justin next year was a big birthday and he had better make it huge. Fast forward to the weekend AFTER my birthday -
Justin informed me on Friday he'd be taking me out on a date for Saturday. I was excited as he never really plans and arranges dates on his own all too often. So that day the babysitter comes, we head out to somewhere I wasn't informed of, and we end at the roller skating rink (he even packed
my very own purple skates - yes I have my own!) I LOVE roller skating and was super excited. We pay, walk in, and head to the back to get his skates, I look up in the dome mirror thing they have on the ceiling and hiding in the corner I see all of my closest friends along with their husbands scrunched together hiding and before I knew it they were all out shouting "surprise"!
I have never been more surprised or shocked in my life. The night couldn't have been better. I had a permanent grin on my face the entire time. The night consisted of yummy food, cake and singin, and lots of skating/dancing the night away. I am one lucky girl to have such a sweet husband to plan something so wonderful for me (he's officially off the hook for the big 3-0 next year) and such amazing friends to come and celebrate and make my day so special!

I'm one lucky girl and it will definitely be a birthday to remember forever!


6 comments:
So, so fun! I only wish we were ale to stay! We will have to go again some time when James actually remembers that kids are to stay home! :)
How fun! What an awesome birthday week. I love that you have your own skates. :) And that cake with the roses and the ruffles?? Who made that and when can they teach me how?! Happy very late birthday!
What a perfect person to celebrate! We love you and Justin did a great job planning all of this. I am really looking forward to see what he pulls off next year.
Happy Birthday! You look great! Glad you could have such a fun time.
Happy (late) birthday! Enjoy your last year in your 20's! You look great!
So many fun birthday celebrations! I LOVED the look on your face when you came into the skates area...it was the perfect surprise!
Post a Comment