Nothing super special has been happening around here - although our everyday living has been just as special to me as other bigger occasions.
I love this time of year. Although the cold and snow can be a pain sometimes I love the quality time it provides to just be inside and spend time together.
Since Justin is in the Young Men's program at church we've had the boys over for a few parties this past month. Pizza, the Wii, and treats equals lots of fun and laughing. Everyone in our family ends up having a good time!
The girls are at the cutest ages right now. They love to run and jump and play around all day. Their favorite game right now is hide and seek as well as having me chase them around and upon catching tickle them nonstop.
Brooklyn is doing amazing at school. Her fine motor skills have always been precise and it shows by the things she gravitates towards. She is currently working on a 100 piece puzzle that she does not want me helping with.
She colors, draws, and writes at least every single day.
She loves to learn. She is constantly sounding out new words and her ability to read is amazing me every day. It's something she enjoys and comes easily and I hope she continues that passion for years to come.
She is just finishing up around an 8 month stint of only wanting to wear dresses. Although she looks awfully cute in them I'm welcoming some variety.
She is shy around those she may not know or in unfamiliar places or large groups. She's quiet and patient and very easy going. She's a good listener, very obedient, and definitely a sweet sweet girl.
Addison is my gross motor skills girl and dare devil. Today she amazed me as she towered the top of the couch, jumped from there to pillows, and then continued to somersault to the floor.
She loves musical toys, balls, and the t.v. I call her my couch potato. The girl would watch it all day if I let her - and she sits quietly in front of it the entire time it's on!
She is absolutely in love with Mickey & Minnie Mouse
and The Lion King. Anything she sees that features characters from either of these has her begging and asking if we can have it.
She is particular. Today at the store I told her we weren't going to get something I was letting her hold and when I tried to put it back on the closest shelf she would not let me and made sure we promptly kept it until we put it make in the appropriate EXACT place it had come from. The girl might end up being a little OCD :)
She's been taking after me lately and running to put pj's on as soon as we get home from anything (I can't say I blame her because I do the same exact thing!)
She is a great little talker. She is outgoing and can't speak fast enough for her thoughts which often times makes her frustrated. She's spunky and has quite the personality - we call her sassy sometimes - she definitely adds some spice to our life!
Although I'm almost a month late - here's our Valentine's night. Justin received 14 days of goodies from us and on actual Valentine's Day we had a special dinner at home including heart plates, red candles, and fancy cups. Justin came home with flowers and chocolate for all of us which couldn't have made the night better :)

4 comments:
Such sweet little girlies!
Your girls a darling!
LOVE those girls!
So cool that you have a fine motor skills and a gross motor skills child. I too have one of each. It is very interesting. You have beautiful girls!
Post a Comment