Home

Saturday, March 31, 2012

a little crush

everyone has had one. that first crush. maybe it was the boy in your kingergarten class all the girl's liked or maybe it was the teenager on your favorite tv show.

i know i sure had them. i remember being around 10 years old when i plastered posters of jonathan taylor thomas and devon sawa and who knows who else all around my bedroom walls. i don't remember asking to do such a thing to my painted walls but i do however remember my mom ever so graciously letting me keep them up :)

fast forward almost 20 years when my almost 5 year old asks if i can print a picture off the computer for her. who does she want? dora, olivia, or some other fun cartoon we let her watch?

nope, she asks for deandre brackensick a current member of this season's American Idol.

that is the one adult show we watch as a family. we love sitting down and listening to all the different singers and their talents. little did i know how smitten brooklyn was becoming with one such contestant!

so for now i have let her keep this picture on her nightstand

and for her sake i hope 'long-haired' boy makes it far in the competition!!!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

How funny! Sweet little Brooklyn. Not a bad crush to start out with. I have to admit, when I read JTT and Devon Sawa on this post, I had flashbacks! Haven't even HEARD the name Devon Sawa in years but I definitely had him on my wall too! Zack Morris was my biggest crush though. No contest.

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious!!!

ForeverCurly said...

Oh my goodness, Erica, how on earth does she like Deandre!?! That's so funny! I hope she didn't cry this week, though!!

Company EIGHT said...

I LOVE it! I'm with Mimi...Zack Morris, for sure. :)

Shauna said...

So funny!!! That will be an awesome memory that will never get old of re-telling!!!