This year we spent our Memorial Day with the entire Jones family down in North Carolina. This was our 3rd year going down with them and spending an entire fun filled sunny week at a beach house.
After a 16 hour drive, a stop at Jarrod's for the night, some Cafe Rio, and a few million treats for the girls later we finally made it there :) The girls actually did awesome and I always come home forever grateful that car dvd players were invented!
This was the first year all five of the Jones brothers were able to make it - and it was a blast having everyone plus spouses/kids/girlfriends there for the entire weeek together.
Justin's youngest brother Jordan came a day late and surprised us all with a grand entrance! We were sitting on the beach when all of a sudden I thought a streaker had come running by - nope! Just Jordan in his Morph Suit that he had from Halloween. He shocked us all and got a laugh out of everyone around - he was quite the sight!
Just like every year - we spend 99.9% of the entire week at the beach. We start the morning bringing the chairs, towels, toys, etc. down the walkway and camp out for the day (even though the beach house is only about 20 feet away!).
Pubby and Nana are such troupers and collect shells with the kids, take them out in the water, build sandcastles, babysit, etc.The kids sure are lucky to have such generous and fun grandparents!
There was just enough of a breeze this time that we flew kites and even left some tied to our chairs and let them fly all day long.
Jarrod (Justin's older brother - and the only other one that is married & has kids) is always wanting to make sure the kids stay occupied and having fun the entire week. So this year he busted out a sprinkler and a slip-and-slide that the kid's had a blast using!
We used boogy boards, rafts, tubes and just our bodies to ride the waves. Brooklyn and Addy both had a blast and were quite brave. They both enjoyed going into the water and catching some waves - they both surprised me as well by using the boogy boards and riding waves in to the shore! We came the week after a tropical storm had come through so the waves were plentiful and strong for most of the week which was quite awesome!
We spent the evenings in the hot tub, munching on goodies, checking out souvenier shops, playing bocce balls, watching tv, and fishing.
The guys just fish from the beach and this year caught alot - a few fish and about a million baby sharks - this was the biggest shark they caught! Kind of scary to think we are swimming near these things - and a loadful of jellyfish as well!!!
All the laughing, swimming, and playing wore everyone out and the kids plus everyone else usually crashed and slept quite nicely the entire week!
We ended the week with some quick family pictures, going out for a seafood dinner, and celebrating Heather's (Jayson's girlfriend) birthday!
(the whole crew)
And a here's a few random pics I couldn't leave out...
...momma with her 5 hunky boys...
...Issac - the best 2 year old I have ever met. I want to scoop him up and snuggle and kiss him all day long. I would have a hundred kids if they all had his tempermant :)
...me and my man...
And this face pretty much sums up the entire week. Too much fun! Already counting down for next year :)

5 comments:
What a BLAST! I have pictured this in my head, so I love seeing all the FUN you had!
What a fun memory for your family to have each year. That morph thing was hysterical! I think Justin needs to borrow that for Halloween this year. Glad to have you home!
How fun! I love the picture of you and Justin and agree that the morph thing is hilarious! I think I would have wet my pants!
That looks SO fun! You have an adorable little family!!
Oh, so jealous!! It looks just absolutely perfect!
Post a Comment