My baby started Kindergarten last week. I had mixed feelings - I was super excited for her to embark on this new adventure but also so sad to know she was going to be gone every day, all day :(
My beautiful Brooklyn is definitely my easier child with her personality taking after her daddy exactly - so she's really one that I miss having at home - although it's also really nice to be able to spend so much one-on-one time with little miss Addy :)
After waking up bright and early, getting dressed in her first day outfit her PaPa let her pick out, her day was made even more special by losing her very first tooth! It had been wiggly for quite some time and decided to finally fall out into her mouth that morning! She couldn't have been happier to tell her teacher, new friends, and put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy that night!
Her day went perfectly - her teacher is darling, her good friend is in her class, and she even informed me after a few days that I didn't need to walk her to her class (I'm not ready for that yet!) - she's growing up, becoming so brave and outgoing, and I couldn't be more proud of her!
This morning she actually told me, "Mom, I wish Kindergarten didn't start till lunch." I asked, "Why is that?" She replied, "Because I like being with you more than my friends and teacher." It broke my mother heart because I feel the same way :) This full-day stuff is hard even though I know she's enjoying it and getting a lot of learning out of it - it's still good to know she misses us and we sure do miss her!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment