Home

Friday, June 28, 2013

{mother's day}

I know I know. Mother's Day was well over a month ago. Saying I'm a little backed up on my blogging is an understatement. I've heard that the more kids you have the more you may need to lower your expectations a little. So let's just say that I'm coming to the realization that I can't always do everything like I'd hope or want to - but that's okay - these little princesses I have are more than worth all the stuff I'm not able to get around to these days. 

{four generations of ladies}

Anyways - for my own journaling and documentation I had to record this event for memories sake. My mom's side of the family has started a somewhat new tradition (we've done it the past 2 years) of meeting at my grandma's house on Mother's Day and all contributing to a potluck lunch. We get to meet, eat, and see one another. Sometimes this is the only time each year we all get together to see everyone (kind of sad since everyone is still scattered somewhere in Michigan) so it's fun looking forward to this chance to see extended family. My mom comes from a family of 6 kids so there's quite a few of us when everyone is there - I love it. And even more importantly my grandma just loves it. She is always so happy to see everyone and have everyone gathered around even for just a short while.  


My girl's always look forward to the chance to go to "GG's" house (great-grandma). My grandma has a room in her house - everyone calls in the yellow room. It's actually my mom's room from when she was growing up there that is still decked out in the original decorations - yellow wallpaper, bedding, etc. Anyways, all the kids love the room because my grandma always has loads of toys in there. My girls love to go up and find barbies, dolls, stuffed animals, etc. waiting to be played with. My grandma always makes sure she tells my girls over and over again when we are there that they can take any of them home with them! My grandma loves garage sales (that hobby has definitely been passed down to me) and will definitely end up restocking the toy room throughout the year. 


So needless to say my girls always have about a hundred million things they are dying to bring home with them. This time we told them they were each allowed to take two but they still had fun playing with all the rest while we were there for the day!


I love the chances we have to go and see my grandma. I really need to make a more concentrated effort to see her more while we really only live a few hours away. She is an amazing woman and I actually see alot of myself in her. She loves to keep the house neat and tidy - so do I. She loves to have someone else fix stuff - sounds like me. She loves to shop and get a good bargain - that's right up my alley. She likes to look put together and done up, she loves pop and treats in the house, is a sucker for a Lifetime movie, and has fun with all the kiddos running around. I love her I loved being able to spend my Mother's Day with not only my wonderful momma but with all the many amazing women I'm lucky enough to have in my life!

No comments: