Halloween.
The beginning of all the holiday fun and craziness!!! I love it!
It was no surprise when our girls wanted to carve their pumpkins something girly...Hello Kitty. I look forward to the day when our kids can draw and cut the pumpkin themselves because man is it a lot of work! They did however turn out cute :)
I was in charge of bringing in a snack for Brooklyn's class for Zero the Hero day (the get a snack every tenth day that is or looks like that number - we had 40) which happened to fall on the day before Halloween. So we made a cute little Boo Mix with 10 witches warts (chocolate chips), 10 monster scabs (golden grahams), 10 ghost poop (mini marshmallows), and 10 jack o lantern teeth (candy corn).
Justin took off work on Halloween. We have done that in years past and it works out lovely. I think we might have to make it a tradition to do it every year. So we took the little girls to all the fun festivities at the library.
Addison the witch
Elle the butterfly
Since I'm a room mom in Brooklyn's class I headed in early in the afternoon to help with the parade and get everything set up and underway for the party.
Here is Brooklyn the princess-fairy-ballerina and her good friend Avery.
The whole crew
They had lots of fun with games and crafts and treats.
For dinner we made homemade pizza - which we attempted to have look like a pumpkin - haha. None of my girls ate it and looks like we'll just go with Little Ceasar's next time :)
Then our good friend's the Macfarlane's invited us to their house to go trick-or-treating on their street. The girls had so much fun running around with their friends. Brooklyn especially loved it because her teacher this year lives on that street so she got to see her, say hi, and spend a little time with her :) Between that night and the ward trunk-or-treat the girls came home with loads of candy. Most of which is still residing in our kitchen!!!
That weekend we went to what is probably our most favorite part of Halloween...an adult costume party. Our friend's put this on every year and it's become quite the tradition I know everyone will be so sad if it ever ends!
We went as American Gothic...
We tried to stay true to the painting for the first part of the party by not moving :)
Our friends Waldo and Wendy tried to get in on our artwork!
And what does the fox say?!!?
SO SO mad that I didn't get pictures of each and every couple there in their costumes. Everyone is always so creative - so much fun and already have our idea for next year!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment