This is probably what the Mustang looked like as I tried to get to church today. When we were in Utah people used to ask me what Michigan winters were like. I don't know what happened to my brain but I used to say that they were pretty similar to Utah's winters. I must have lived in Utah a little too long or something because I had completely forgotten what it was like to live in Michigan during the middle of winter. Well we haven't even officially begun winter here yet and already the highs for the next week don't go above 30 degrees and there is a foot of snow in front of our house (which my husband so willingly shovels every time it snows). It is beautiful to see everything glistening and covered in white and I love to see all the enormously tall snowmen children on our street have built yet it can also be a pain in the rear. Here's why:We woke up this morning to see even more white stuff covering EVERYTHING in sight (it really is beautiful) and still continuing to fall. We were running late to church due to shoveling when I tried to back the Mustang out of our driveway and onto our street (which doesn't seem to get plowed for a couple of days AFTER it snows) when what to my surprise happened? (I don't know why I'm ever surprised because the Mustang ALWAYS does this) I got stuck and despite the 100 or more pounds of wheat, rice, and oats that were loading down my trunk(we ordered some food storage stuff from the cannery and left it in there hoping that it would add some more weight to my oh so light vehicle but it didn't seem to help much) my car still could not make it through the snow. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband and a super nice neighbor who pushed the Mustang down the street till it got going. Then the same thing happened when I had to stop and try and turn onto the main road. Luckily I could reverse and get going again (Justin followed me in the Dynasty the entire way which did not cause him any trouble - I guess that cars good for something. He has to stay after church because of his calling but I refuse to drive it because it has NO HEAT) .
Anyways, after we get to church our friends sitting in front of us tell us that all the other meetings besides sacrament have been canceled due to the weather! How often does church get canceled? That's how bad the winters are here :) How thankful I am that I don't have to attempt driving anywhere if I don't want to (I sure don't miss having to drive 25 min. + to teach everyday) and I can snuggle up with my sweet baby at home during the day and sip hot chocolate in front of our fireplace. Even though the winters are hard I wouldn't change anything about it here!!! It's worth it. I'd just rather watch from the front window :) Maybe I'll take a picture of it outside tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.
Here's one of our Christmas pictures in front of our tree. Only 8 more days till the big day! Merry Christmas!

9 comments:
Qué guapos!!!
My husband is super jealous of your michigan snow, he's obsessed with snow even though it only snows about twice a year in Seattle. I love the family pic, you guys are such a beautiful family. Wow, I can't believe you're brave enough to drive the stang in the snow. I won't drive at all.
That sounds awful! I was annoyed to have to scrap ice off the windshield yesterday before church. It reminded me of Utah. I couldn't handle Michigan; I'm a Texas girl all to way! But it is fun snuggling with babies in the cold. Your little girl is so precious! What a cute little grin in your picture!
After all of the snow yesterday, our neighbors kept telling us how it didn't even snow until January last year! I guess we are just lucky.............
I've always wondered why people in states where is gets cold and slick in the winter, have rear wheel drive cars! Silly girl! That is one thing I've alwasy made sure to have front wheel drive! Maybe you should just learn to drive in reverse! LOL
Oh Poor Erica and her mustang. When you end up buying a new car, you have got to get one that's good with the snow. Luckily, the past snowstorms in UT have been on the weekends so it hasn't been too much of a pain yet. Although I thought of the Mustang last time we were out doing errands and we slid like 4 times. It just kept coming down so fast with in an hour, that the roads were so slushy. But J went pretty slow so it was ok. Just turning was adventurous.
you poor frozen thing! hope you can warm up well next to that fire. and your husband is so kind.
Oi-that's is a LOT of snow! I just love your Christmas picture-so cute!
you guys are adorable! I love Brooklyn's cheeks. :-)
Post a Comment