Home

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The best 6 years...

6 years ago I never knew that the decision I was making to marry this man would bring me such happiness.

6 years ago I never knew that the man I was marrying would end up being the most unselfish person I know. 6 years ago I never knew all the laughs, tears, hugs, kisses, and fun we would end up having together.
6 years ago I never knew that I would end up having the sweetest most beautiful daughters.
You never really know what you're getting into when you get married. It really is somewhat of a risk and you can only hope that it will turn out as you have dreamed it to be. Mine has been even better.
Over the past 6 years I've watched the man I choose to marry be more than I expected. He cleans the house. He supports me in everything I want to do. He leaves our 2 year old hysterically laughing every night. He rocks our crying baby to sleep. He fulfills his responsibilities at church and works hard at his job. He gives of his own for others. He snuggles me and scratches my back. He even watches Bachelorette with me.

Today I'm grateful that 6 years ago I knelt at the alter in the temple and chose to marry this man for time and all eternity. I couldn't have made a better decision.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I just had this conversation with my husband last night. Maybe i should have thought about a lot more things before I got married but I just had faith and took a leap and I have been blessed beyond my most joyous dreams! Congratulations on 6 years! Just remember that you are also amazing as well, as i'm sure your hubby reminds you often!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! You make a wonderful couple.

Company EIGHT said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You are both wonderful!