Home

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grandma

Just shy of her 80th birthday my grandma passed away. She was a loving sweet woman who had a great marriage and a wonderful family. She had been sick a for awhile and held on for so long that it was comforting to know she is now in a healthier state and in a better place.
We were so grateful that our entire family had flown down to spend time with her, my grandpa, and other family back in March. We were so thankful to have that time with her and to know she had met her only great grandchildren before she moved on.


So I flew down to Texas sans kiddos to be with my dad and other family for her funeral. It was a wonderful time getting to know family I hadn't seen in years, being with my grandpa, and celebrating the life my grandma lived.

We did a lot of hanging out at my Aunt's house...


We did some flower arranging, picture organizing, and decorating for the funeral...
And the best part - spending time with lots of family...




4 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

I am so glad you were able to go. Your grandma sounds like a wonderful woman.

Carn Family said...

I am so glad you were able to spend some time with her before she passed away. You will cherish your pictures and the memories forever.

Company EIGHT said...

What a wonderful trip to take with your family, so that all of you were able to spend some time with her before she passed away. You will never forget it!

whitney said...

(((hugs))) sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like a blessing that she was released from her sickness.