Home

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Washington D.C. - Day 1

See this...


yes it is exactly what you think it is - a CAFE RIO salad!!!

The first part of our family vacation took us down to Washington D.C. to visit Justin's older brother and Brooklyn and Addy's only cousins - Ashton and Isaac. My sister-in-law had just happened to be reading a snippet in some newspaper and saw that a Cafe Rio had just been put in about 20 minutes from their house. I thought I died and went to heaven! It is my FAVORITE restaurant by far and I hadn't actually been there in over 4 years - they'd only been open a little over a month and it's their only location east of Colorado!!! Let's just say that it was fate and it certainly started my vacation off on the right foot :)


We all were so excited to go to D.C. and see family but I think my favorite part is always seeing Brooklyn and Ashton together! They are so cute with one another, play well, and always have so much fun when they're together.


After a long drive full of tons of yummy treats...


and lots of books and movies...

We were ALL super excited to get our vacation started!

5 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

I wish I'd known you were going to D.C.! My parents could give you a private tour of the capital. Maybe next time. Also, maybe we can meet up there sometime when we're both visiting. It would be so fun to see you guys and get our girls together. Oh, and I'm TOTALLY looking forward to our next visit so I can get some Cafe Rio!!!

Jennifer said...

I saw on Jarrod's FB that there was a Cafe Rio in Maryland now. I was wondering if you guys were close enough to go. That is very exciting!! I thought of you as soon as I saw that!!

Melissa said...

I can only imagine how excited you were to see that!!! Glad you had fun :) That just gives me one more reason to go back....

EatRunWorkPlay said...

That is so cool there is a Cafe' Rio in Maryland. Guess I'd be cool if Dave's job took him to DC afterall! :)

Company EIGHT said...

I still can't believe that you found a Cafe Rio!!! So glad for you, but SOOOO jealous!!

It sounds like it was a wonderful trip--so glad you could go!