One of my most favorite parts of vacations is going and doing all of these fun things we normally wouldn't get to do every day. However, I'm so grateful for vacations when we can also fit it lots of normal stuff like just sitting around, talking, cooking, and being together. Almost every day of vacation started out with a run - it was SUPER hot but I made it and always felt better after working out - especially when suzy cue Addy joined me with my ab workout :)
After visiting my brother's-in-law work downtown we checked out all the sites. We knew with four teeny tiny kids we wouldn't be able to do too much so we basically just saw a little of everything as we walked around the mall area. But after lots of walking, naps needed, and over 100 degree weather we were all too tuckered out to go and do anything - oh well - there will definitely be a next time!
(Washington Monument - this was my favorite sight - it evoked a lot of emotion in me just being there and made me so grateful and appreciative for this amazing land we call home)
(The white house - we did go closer but they were under high security with roads blocked off and police everywhere so we weren't able to get as close as we would have liked)
At the end of the day we were left with red cheeks and tuckered out kiddos - actually I think everyone was quite tuckered out! So we took the metro and grabbed some Five Guy Burgers - perfect ending to a great day!

1 comment:
Looks like it was a great trip. Your pictures of Cafe Rio made me hungry...luckily I only have 4 more days until I can get some for myself!
Post a Comment