Home

Friday, January 18, 2013

{december}

December was a whirlwind of a month! Having a newborn + all the holidays packed into her first six weeks of life made for one crazy time for our family! So here comes a novel...I completely understand if you don't make it to the end!!!

A sweet friend from our preschool not only offered to bring us dinner after Elle was born but she also gave us a cute Cinderella Gingerbread Castle to decorate. The girls had a blast of course and that was oh so kind of iher to think of us and give the girl's something fun to do with a new baby around!  I could not believe the generosity of so many when Elle was born. Family, friends, and even so many acquaintances were so thoughtful and compassionate towards our entire family during this time while we adjusted to having another kiddo. 


One December day here in Michigan it was actually in the high 50s so we headed off to the Santa House in our town to meet the man in red, enjoy the house, and get lots of pictures! It's one of our favorite traditions and we love it every year :)

(Elle was two weeks)


Another tradition we HAVE to do every year is visit Bronner's (the world's largest Christmas store) with my dad to eat together and then let the girl's pick out an ornament for their tree. This year both girls picked out ballerina's. I think this is our third or fourth year doing it and the girls can not wait all month long until we go!


I absolutely love our preschool - love love love it! Every year Santa comes to visit the class and it is definitely a highlight for the kids. He read a story, lets them sit on his lap, and hands out candy to everyone. Addy asked for the two things on her list -a barbie movie and a barbie guitar :)


Even baby Elle got to sit on his lap!


Brooklyn also had a special Holiday Program at school. All three kindergarten classes got together and sang a ton of Christmas songs. Each of the kids had a special part and Brooklyn's was to hold up the letter S :)  They all did amazing and during one song "Let There Be Peace On Earth" the Spirit was so strong. They all did the sign language and dedicated the entire program to the kids of Newtown, CT - I don't think there was a dry eye in the house!
 

Addison also had a special night at preschool where they sang, had treats, and were able to bring home all their special holiday crafts they had made. It was so sweet seeing Addy light up at the sight of her friends, see the excitement she get's from spending time with her teachers, and seeing how proud she was of all her hard work.


This year I'm a room mother in Brooklyn's class (what was I thinking? haha...it actually hasn't been bad at all!). For the Christmas party we made a fun Frosty game that the kid's had a blast with. It's been so fun to spend time planning these parties and being in her classroom. It brings back fond memories of my teaching days and I especially love the one-on-one time I get with my baby girl (thanks to a sweet friend to offered to take both little girlies so I could go in)!




I'm super tired from writing this post and I haven't even made it to all the real Christmas stuff!!!


No comments: