Home

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

{polar vortex}

Did I tell you again how crummy this winter was? It was by far the worst I've experienced in Michigan and besides college I've lived here my entire life. 

Thanks to some awesome running buddies I have we ventured out amidst the freezing cold anyway. The lowest we went out in was -6 (the rest of the time the treadmill had to become our friend). We try to run together 4 days a week and I'd say despite the cold we still were able to run together outside probably 90% of the time...we just came home looking like this!!! 


Our winter was filled with everyone getting sick at least...except Brooklyn I think!


Trips to the mall, out to eat, friend's houses, the library, and Sam's Club where we came home with a 30lb bucket of buttercream frosting! Let's just say this winter was not a good one as far as my waistline is concerned!


One night I was feeling extremely grumpy and emotional and all I wanted was some cake and frosting - then my good 'ole buddy stopped by with a lovely delectable piece to brighten my mood! So thankful for caring and thoughtful friends :)


We played lots of games. Addy's current favorite is a Minnie Mouse version of Trouble. Between that and Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Blockus, and the Wii we got in some game playing this winter!


Oh yea...here's another snapshot of me right after a run. Straight out of the movie Frozen I tell ya! We were absolutely crazy - I know ;)


This winter consisted of Brooklyn receiving her first love notes. First grade and she's already got boys telling her they love her and giving out their numbers. Not ready for all of that quite yet ;)


The winter leaves me inside the confines of my home for many many hours a day and that lead to a little redecorating. The nursery got a little facelift. It went from green & pink which had been up since Brooklyn was born to a pink & gray theme. I'm loving it and will have to post more after photos!


I also got a new shower curtain for the girl's bathroom and redid some of the decorations in there as well. Love it!


Justin celebrated his 33rd birthday - holy crap we're getting old. We went on a date together and then had cake while we celebrated with the girls!



So glad spring is slowly peaking it's head through and the hope for warmer weather and sunnier days is on the horizon!

No comments: