Halloween - the week prior was our ward's trunk or treat. The girls were so excited to get all dressed up. The weather was perfect and it made for such a nice night not having to bundle everyone up.
Halloween was so fun being on a Friday this year. I tried to be a fun mom and give the kids a spooky lunch that day at school.
I'm the room mom in Addison's class this year and we had a blast eating spooky food, making ghosts, and playing fun Halloween games. I always love being back in the classroom to remind me of my teaching days. It's always fun having a little glimpse into my prior life but always leave feeling incredibly grateful that I get to stay home with my babies.
Our friends the Wade's came up for Halloween this year. It was so fun to be back together and to have everyone celebrate and go out trick or treating. My favorite part of the night was when we had Taylor Swift playing and all the kids (and adults) were dancing around the living room listening to Shake It Off - a memory that will stay imprinted on my mind for years to come!
It ended up being super chilly so I decided at the last minute to stay home and pass out candy with Kennedy because she was only 3 weeks old.
Then...our most favorite part of Halloween...our friend's the Gudmundsen's annual adult Halloween party. This one was actually the next night...so it was a Day of the Dead party. Sara does the most fantastic job creating oh so clever invitations, party favors, and her house is always decked out with the most spook decor. We look forward to this every year...we were trying to remember and I think this was our fifth year!
This year we went as the game Operation - complete with tongs and a buzzer. It was my favorite one we've been so far and we won an award this year for the 'Funniest'.
Love the holiday - especially Halloween! Can't wait for next year :)
(we finally decorated our trunk this year...and the cutest little kitty I've ever seen)

















No comments:
Post a Comment