Home

Monday, November 17, 2014

{my sweet baby}


We are now 6 weeks in and this little pumpkin now rules the roost. She commands to be held and snuggled and is just now getting to the point where we can set her down for a bit when she's awake and not have her instantly scream her head off. 


She's teaching me patience as I look around and see Elle trying to carry her potty seat full of pee to the bathroom, rice krispies scattered and smooshed all over the dining room floor, and all I can do is sit back and watch it happen - or try to help one handed :)  However...look at this girl? Who wouldn't want to hold her tight all day anyway?!?


She sleeps from around 11-7 at night with one nursing session sometime in there. She's now having longer time of wakefulness and everyone loves to watch her, talk to her, sing to her, and try and guess if she's going to have blue or brown eyes.


A bow is a must at this house :) (Actually I've found myself lazier and lazier about making sure this girl is decked out in head gear - I guess that's what happens sometimes when you're number four!) When the bow does make an appearance it sure does make a good sleeping mask!


She has the longest little fingers and we all try to get her to wrap them around our fingers :)


I can never tell who my girls look like. They all are beautiful little newborns who everyone says looks like a Jones girl but I can never tell who looks like who and whatnot. Kennedy however has a distinct little chin and the sweetest little lips that I find myself kissing multiple times a day. 


Her sweet little arms and hands find themselves in fun new positions every time she rides in her car seat. This ones a cute one but she also crosses her arms a lot so they are folded or just holds her hands together looking like she's praying. 


She's not the biggest fan of the binkie quite yet but we keep trying :) That has been our lifesaver in getting our kiddos to fall asleep on their own at nap/bedtime so we're hoping she'll get the hang of it and follow suit! 


The Relief Society dropped by to visit and brought along this sweet knitted hat for Kennedy that one of the sisters made - Becky you are talented! Maybe one day when I find some time I'll teach myself that skill :)


We've found that the girl's doll items - i.e. stroller, pack'n'play, etc. are the perfect size for a newborn!


Kennedy's first Sunday going to church - she was a champ! 


My dear friends bought me this darling outfit for Kennedy. Even after so many girls it's always fun for the baby to have something new to wear. She looked adorable in it and those teeny tiny newborn outfits are already getting to small :(  tear. tear.


We love you 'caboosey'  and are so glad you've come to round out our family!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

She is just beautiful! After a fairly easy number 3, I was totally thrown off by how demanding my number 4 was (and still is!). I think they're just determined not to get lost in the crowd. It looks like you're doing a great job. Hang in there!