Home

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

gardening with a two year old

The other day while we were out weeding and getting our garden ready to go for summer Brooklyn decided it would be fun to throw dirt. At me. With the baby in a front carrier. Luckily the little one didn't even flinch! Needless to say everyone got baths that night :)

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Ack! That makes me want to take a shower! Ahh, the patience of a mom...

Mrs. Olsen said...

Hahaha! (I'm laughing because I'm not there yet.) It kinda makes her look like a cute, little, old man. :)

Aubrey said...

oh, poor baby. she still looks beautiful despite all the dirt that is on her face! happy gardening.

Jewels said...

The joys of gardening with a toddler!!!

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Oh that is so sad!

Company EIGHT said...

that little turkey! What a good baby to sleep through it all!

Sarah M said...

Soooo dirty!!! I seriously would have lost it right then and there. :)

Leah Florence said...

what a hilarious pictures, she is sleeping so soundly...how funny!

Stephanie Lowe said...

So if Addison were a flower and I planted her...what flower would she be??? Tulips and gerber daisy's are my favorite!

eight happy "hardts" said...

What is it about kids and dirt? They just love it don't they!

Bethanne said...

Oh my word. That is totally something that will happen at my house. Except that I have a black thumb and kill everything plant-like! :)

jenn said...

such a sad little photo!

Kristyn said...

I just read your posts from below - first I'm a big fan of white cabinets - I just like the fresh and openness feeling of it. It makes me happy. But that's me.

Second, your other post about perfection. I so needed that right now. I just want to give you a huge hug for writing all of that. I'm discovering the same things - one in particular that my house will never be as clean as I want it. But the other things you listed - I totally agree. It's so hard, but enjoying the moment is what it's all about. I think it was Monson's talk from the April 08 conf about enjoying today that hits this dead on the nose. Anyway, thanks so much for that post!!! (And for what it's worth, I find your perfectionist personality inspiring - you seem to really make it all happen - I need inspiration like that, so I'm so glad I know you!)