The middle of April is birthday week for us - with only 1 day in between Brooklyn and Addison's birthday's it can make for a crazy time!!!
Addison't birthday is first - on tax day! She woke up super excited to find her room had been decorated with tons of balloons and streamers. She had been asking me all week to do something special to her room so I'm glad I could pull through and make her so happy!
She wanted donuts for her birthday breakfast and then we spent the rest of the day together.
We headed to the library where we got to play, check out books, and find her artwork from preschool on display!
Daddy couldn't get home fast enough that night so that she could dive into those presents that had been waiting for her all day on the counter!
She was thrilled to get an outfit, camping set, and bed for her American Girl doll.
The night was topped off by yummy cupcakes and then staying up late to decorate about a million more for her and Brooklyn to bring into their schools the next day!
The next day Addy had preschool and I got to work as a co-op parent. I'm always surprised to see her get quite shy and timid when in front of an audience. Based on her personality I wouldn't expect her to be like that but she definitely got quiet when it was her turn to share her special items from home in front of everyone at school.
Everyone sang to her, she got to pretend to blow out 5 candles, and then she got to enjoy her treats and play outside with everyone!
I loved being able to be there with her and spend so much time with her on her special day. I can't believe my little blue-eyed beauty is already five. I can still recall like it was yesterday giving birth to her with no epidural and afterward thinking - I did it - we brought another beautiful perfect little baby into the world. She has spunk and isn't lacking in the personality department. She gives me a run for my money and tries my patience just about every.single.day but in turn is the sweetest most snuggly little thing. She tries hard, loves to have her nails painted, is a powerhouse on the soccer field, and someone I am grateful for each and every day. Love you Addy!
Two days later on the 17th was Miss Brooklyn's birthday. Justin's brother Jarod, his wife, their dad, and their two cute boys Ashton and Isaac came up during their spring break to celebrate the girl's birthdays with us and spend Easter together. Brooklyn was thrilled to have her cousins here on her special day.
She awoke to a decorated room and donuts for breakfast as well. She then got to spend the rest of the day at the Children' Museum not too far from our house. She got to have Sam's Club pizza for lunch, open American girl doll presents, and end with yet again, some more yummy cupcakes!
I didn't get a picture of her with her class on her birthday but these were the cute birthday cupcakes we made to bring in to everybody at school.
Thank heavens for Activity Days because with about 90 cupcakes to decorate these girlies came over, learned how to pipe frosting, and then helped me almost complete the entire load of cupcakes for the girl's birthdays. They were cute and loved their bunnies :)
On Saturday the entire crew was there for the girl's birthday party. We are so blessed to have both of our families within driving distance and that they all make a special effort to come up and celebrate with us!
It was an American Girl doll birthday so they got spoiled with tons and tons of stuff for their dolls!
After a yummy lunch of all the the grilling staples - hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, fruit, broccoli salad - the day couldn't end without cake and ice cream!
The girls loved all their presents but especially loved being surrounded by family.
I think their most favorite one (or Brooklyn said the one that surprised her the most) was their final one....





No comments:
Post a Comment