Home

Sunday, April 20, 2014

{easter}


For Easter this year we started our week out with our traditional egg/learn about the last week of Christ's life Family Home Evening. I love it because the girls really get to focus on the reason we are celebrating Easter. We tried to read scriptures and watch short church videos that told about the week leading up to the Resurrection to try and make sure the real meaning of Easter was tied into our celebrating.


On Easter the girls awoke to their basket from the Easter Bunny and then we quickly headed off to church. After we got home the girls were surprised to find eggs hidden all over the yard and went off into the beautiful weather to find their goodies.


Elle knew exactly what to do and promptly opened up her eggs and devoured the treats hidden inside immediately.

We were so lucky to have family visiting for the weekend. Here are all the cousins together. Ashton: 7, Brooklyn: 7, Addison: 5, Isaac: 4, Elle: 1. 


Nana and Pubi and their grandbabies...


I waited too long to get a picture of my girls together. Here are the snapshots from my failed attempts ;)

Elle running away to find more eggs/eat more candy/play...


The girls trying their darndest to hold her back and make her stay in the picture/Elle wondering what the crap are you doing to me? Let me go...


So I tried one with me and my girls thinking this might work out better - haha. Why I didn't change our location so we were not looking into the sun - lazy me trying to hurry up - one day soon I really need to take a photography class to learn how to properly take pictures and use my nice camera!


Then the whole group shot...


Let's face it - everyone just wanted to go inside and devour the yummy traditional Easter lunch waiting for us. The fixings included ham, cheesy potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and lemon cake. Yum. I'm hungry just looking at the pictures!



It was a lovely fun filled week and it was nice to top if off with church, delicious food, family, and just spending the rest of the day relaxing with those we love! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter spent surrounded by loved ones :)

No comments: