Home

Friday, April 4, 2014

{spring break}

I have about a million drafts I need to work on and post here on the blog but am waiting for pictures from Justin's phone, haven't uploaded them from my camera, etc.. I'm way behind. Can I just re-title this blog "6 months ago..." because I'm never truly up-to-date on here. However, this blog is for my own and my familiy's personal journaling purposes so here goes some way out of order posts :)

Our spring break was back in the beginning of April. Can I say that the weather almost always sucks here in Michigan over spring break. I'm always so envious of everyone else who takes off and travels somewhere warm to spend the week. Maybe one day we'll actually join everybody else.

I however was thoroughly looking forward to a week to just chill. I've been super tired lately so the thought of not having to get up and be somewhere and having nothing we had to do sounded absolutely delightful. I used to thrive on being busy and my 'to-do' list and going going going - but as I've gotten older and had more kids I really cherish just being home and hanging out. 

We did venture out of the house so here's some snippets of the fun we had  - -

Right before spring break we got to go to our local 'Butterfly House'. We all love it and look forward to every spring when it comes to our town to stay for a short 6 weeks. Elle loved it but wasn't so sure getting up close and personal to those butterflies.


Addy absolutely loved it and even got a butterfly to land on her finger. 


Brooklyn is all about crafts these days! I love to spend time crafting as well so I love to see her so passionate about something. We took off to my mom's house to stay for a few nights and my sister Emily showed her how to make a new kind of beaded bracelet. She was in love and happily spent a majority of her time crafting away :)


One of my best friend's from high school, Gina, happened to be in town the week I was home so I was thrilled we were able to meet up for lunch one day with another high school friend. We went to a local Mexican hot spot in our town and my to-go box for my leftover salad was no joke the size of a cake box! Crazy but yummy :)  We spent a good 3 hours drinking diet cokes, munching on chips and dip, and talking, talking, and more talking. Love good friends but hate the distance between us :(


I didn't get any pictures but later that night the girls and I went with my family to see my sister Alyssa's lacrosse game. She's a sophomore on Varsity lacrosse this year and is rocking it. She started, played nearly the entire game, and we even got to see her score! It was a beautiful night and although I was exhausted from chasing Elle up and down the bleachers and around the football field I'm so glad we went and can't wait to go to another one of her games!

Towards the end of spring break Justin took some time off work and we took the girl's to a children's museum about an hour away. We had never been before and we were pleasantly surprised. The girl's loved it and it was perfect for their ages. 











Although it wasn't someplace warm and sunny we're all pretty easy to please and had a lovely spring break!

No comments: