Home

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Decorations

This is what has been consuming my entire life this week. CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this and have a blast with it, but it is ALL I have been doing this week.

It all started when we got home from our vacation and I was admiring all of the Christmas decorations people on our street have. And since this is our first Christmas in our house I was dreaming of all of the things I would do to decorate our house. Meanwhile, Justin told me he would be right back. I asked him where he was going and he said, "Don't worry about it." A couple of minutes later he came walking into the house with a $100 for me and said, "Go buy any Christmas decorations that you want. When it's gone, it's gone." What a great hubby I have. So I took the money and ran! Here are a few of the crafty projects and screaming good deals I have found taking over my life this week.
Michaels - 9 feet of garland for $1.50. Who can pass that up?
JoAnn Fabrics - berry garland 4 for $8. I wonder if they know me by name in there yet?
Anyways, lots of other places contributed to my decorating obsession. I'm thankful Target and a gazillion other places had rusticy looking ornaments because that's where my ideas came from.
I had been himming and hawing forever about what kind of theme I wanted to do our tree in. I kept going back and forth back and forth about how I wanted it to look and fit in with the rest of my decorating. I'm crazy I know. I eventually want two trees. One for our living room and one for our family room. Well, eventually we will have a 'fancy' tree for our living room. But for now, I decided to start with a rustic looking tree. So here goes...

Above are the star stocking holders I bought. I bought six so according to our stocking holders I can have 4 kids. After that, who knows what we'll do. Well, I guess we'll just have to see how that all pans out. If it's less than it's less, if it's more than hopefully Target will still carry them in a few years :)
These very rustic bells I found at the dollar store! Anyone who knows me knows that it is at the top of my 'favorite stores' list.
Who can beat 25 cents for an ornament? So I bought these, painted them, sanded them, drilled them, and finally hung them up. Justin even helped with these!
A few years ago one of the little boys I taught his mom gave me a bag of these wood sleds. There weren't enough for the entire class to have one so I really wasn't sure what to do with them. So they remained in a bag with the rest of my craft stuff until this week. I saw a similar sled done up like this at Michaels so I copied. After paint, and berries, and acorns I thought they turned out quite cute.
Here are my cutie little trees that will soon find their home in the corner of our front porch.
Ta-da. Here's the mantle with the lights and garland and stockings. The whole shabang!
And we can't leave out the entertainment center. Now...what am I to do with all the other Christmas stuff that has piled up on our floor from years past that I have no clue what to do with?
Here the beauty is now! Next year my Christmas money will go towards a tree skirt and star. But for now I'm thinking she looks pretty good! Now I'm down to 5 bucks. I think I'll buy some mistletoe to show my hubby how thankful I am for him and what a happy wife he has now ;)

7 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

How cute!!!! Love the decorations--they look great. You have excellent taste :O)

kenders said...

You are the Decorating Queen! Looks great and I know you had a blast! :)

Kristyn said...

You are so cute! Your house looks absolutely adorable, and I love how you stretched the 100. Way to be, bargain girl. And I haunt the dollar store as well. Love it!

Mrs. Olsen said...

That turned out so cute!

Shauna said...

You're crazy girl! Want to come decorate my house, we're not even going to have a tree- due to the one year old. Your husband is so thoughtful, can he and Brannon talk?

Unknown said...

What a cute home! I love the color of your walls, how they accent the Christmas decorations... like it was straight out of a magazine!
p.s. I've been meaning to ask you, do you have the keys for the BYU 85th ward Relief Society closet and such? Leah said that she thought you had them. If you do, please just let me know!
my email is: megantea@gmail.com

Rachael said...

so cute! I love it when people post decorating pictures, and I especially love it when you do, because I totally stole the animal pictures idea from your bathroom for my nursery!