So as much as I love holidays I always hate the aftermath. Halloween is so fun but then the candy lingers forever! Thanksgiving is wonderful but then the fridge is packed with tons of food. Etc....So after thinking every day since Wednesday, "I'm not going to touch the candy" and then failing myself and chowing down on Reese's Pieces or Twix or a Tootsie Roll I've decided I'm making Justin take all of it to work or I'm freezing it all. Isn't it so sad how you can have so much self control with some things but not enough with others? Anyways, hopefully that will stop me from wanting to munch on it every time I pass it in the house. So starting tomorrow no more candy and I'm trying to make a vow to myself that I'm going to do really well at eating good and working out until Thanksgiving! I can do it! Wish me luck! Then I know I'm going to have to do the same thing after I splurge on Thanksgiving. But hey, if I only do it on the actual holiday and not the surrounding weeks I should be fine :) Ha ha ha - a never ending battle :)
Ever since we've moved into our house I always like to have a project that I'm working on. For the past week or two it was one of our upstairs bathrooms. One is in our room and the other is in the hallway. Therefore, that bathroom is considered the 'kids' bathroom. So...I decided to give it a little jungle theme. Last week I painted it green and this week I worked on making a few little crafty things which I absolutely love to do. It's not quite finished. I still need to buy a couple of hand towels and some accessories for the counter but I'm very glad the hardest part is over so I thought I'd post a few pictures!
Here are my wooden frames that I painted and sanded and got cute little wooden animals for.
I got all of these little animals at Michaels for 3 for a $1.00 so I painted these little hooks and made them into towels holders. I think it's such a cute room that I hope Brooklyn and all of our other little future kiddos enjoy it as much as I do!
Here is a cute little picture of our little babe. My mom got her these jammies. They're 12 months so they're a little big but we think Brooklyn looks adorable in them. And they're also very warm for these cold Michigan nights!
After Brooklyn gets out of the bath I try to spike her hair a little to give it a little style. I also try to wrap it over my finger to give it a little curl. It's still just getting so long in the middle. We think she looks quite funny and we love it!
Mommy and Brooklyn playing around together.
If you can't tell, this baby is WELL fed. Although she's not totally digging the baby food too much yet (she'll eat it a little bit but I don't think she's quite to the loving it and wanting it stage yet, do they ever get to that stage?) but according to those cheeks and chin she's sure getting enough to eat.
Both Brooklyn and mommy love daddy having every other Friday off of work. We're lucky and feel like we get two Saturday's in a row. It's wonderful!
I always try to give Brooklyn water and apple juice in a bottle and two different sippy cups. Do you think she wants it? NOPE. However, whenever anyone has a cup she definitely wants some of whatever is in it. So today I finally just got a cup out of the cupboard for her and put some water in it and she loved it - of course. She does pretty good with it. Except sometimes she puts her tongue on the inside of the cup rather than underneath it and just licks and licks like a little doggy. It's quite cute!
I was reading last night in an enormous book that the peditrician gave us at Brooklyn's first appointment. It was saying that if the baby can sit up and is around 7 months you can give them a cracker or whatever. So I bought those little Gerber biter biscuits for Brooklyn and she absolutely loved it! She went to town chewing and sucking on that thing!
Brooklyn on Halloween at the library!

9 comments:
You are so crafty! Your bathroom turned out great! I love the picture of Brooklyn with her mouth open, ready for the cup! :)
How fun! lots of cute things going on over there!
Now, that's my kind of bathroom! I love it! You know me, I love the jungle animal themes. And of course you pull it off so well! :)
i love the bathroom! Brooklyn is looking adorable! I love chubby cheeks! Quincey has been slimming down lately, now that he is a lot more active, I miss his chubbiness.
the bathroom is super cute! i love being crafty as well, but lately it's slowed down a bit, the craft store is like 20 min away!
the bathroom is super cute! i love being crafty as well, but lately it's slowed down a bit, the craft store is like 20 min away!
i LOVE your bathroom!! so cute!! it inspires me to start working on my kids' bathroom...i've painted, but that's it!
Erica! I miss you...From the cute pictures I see that you no longer reside at the good ole Winfield anymore...the good old days, eh? I'm glad I found you through the ward girls. Please keep in touch-you look amazing.Beautiful baby by the way. hugs!
Your bathroom is so cute! we did some painted and things when we first moved it but now I want to do more!!! You have inspired my creative juices! Way cute!!!
Post a Comment