Home

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Halloween costume for Brooklyn: $5
Candy to pass out to trick-or-treaters: $15
Paper products and food for guests: $50
Having lots of fun with good friends: priceless :)

So I am now snuggled up in bed enjoying my cozy blankies and catching up on some shows we missed this week since we've been kind of busy (gotta love TiVo) and I've come to the conclusion that I love holidays. Although they can be a bit hectic, what could be more fun than having lots of stuff to do and hanging out with tons of friends? Today we went to the library and watched a fun show and were in a parade that's going to be on TV. Then we had trunk-or-treating at the church. Finally we ended the day by having oh, about 10 families from the ward over for a little (maybe quite big?) get together. We had lots of yummy food, saw tons of cute costumes, and enjoyed the company of good friends. Hopefully this becomes a little tradition for our family from now on. I would have to say that this day and our first party here in Midland turned out successful (the chili did as well). Now I can snuggle up in bed and take a little rest knowing that the leaves are vacuumed up from all my floors, all the toys are put away, and hopefully Brooklyn is going to sleep a long while tonight (she only got one nap today - that girl can't miss any action!) Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. Mine sure was a happy one!

(We took so many pics of Brookyln in her costume that we didn't take any today and if you didn't guess already Justin and I were Minnie and Mickey Mouse once again! We promise that next year we really are going to get creative and think up something new.)

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

I love parties! I'm sure it was so fun! Good for you having so many people over and starting a new family tradition. And Brooklyn looked too cute in her little ladybug costume. It kind of made want to have a girl for the first time!!

kenders said...

I have to agree, holidays are fantastic! I really love them too. It gives you something extra to celebrate and enjoy with family and friends. :) Glad you had a blast!

Our Family Adventures said...

SOOO FUN!!! Thanks again ;) I was totally impressed you and Justin dressed up! I need to find out what kind of vaccum you use for your hard floors, as I need to purchase one!