
what every woman needs...
and what i just happened to get this past weekend
...a long car ride with a bunch of girls
...good friends to share life's experiences with
...a weekend without hubbies and kids
...a few days where we don't workout or count calories
(enjoying our delicious chocolate cake after a dinner of burgers and cheese fries)
...time to listen and learn from uplifting talks and music
...feeling okay with not being perfect
...learning to be content with life but not complacent
...not caring about makeup and letting the tears run down your face
...feeling the spirit and knowing you are a daughter of God trying to do your best in life
...staying up late chatting like you were back in high school again
...bonding with girls who you've grown to love more by laughing, sharing, crying, and just spending a weekend together

so my weekend was a complete success. brooklyn survived and did extremely well for justin (which i hope means i get another girls weekend sometime) and nursing survived as well. this weekend was just what i needed. i came back a better friend, wife, and mother. now the hard part is taking all of those things i want to do and putting them in action.
i am so glad i made the decision to go on this little trip and for all of the memories i created with 4 friends that i'm even closer to now. so for all those women out there who need some rejuvenating - a girl's weekend will do just the trick :)
and what i just happened to get this past weekend
...a long car ride with a bunch of girls
...good friends to share life's experiences with
...a weekend without hubbies and kids
...a few days where we don't workout or count calories
(enjoying our delicious chocolate cake after a dinner of burgers and cheese fries)
...time to listen and learn from uplifting talks and music
...feeling okay with not being perfect
...learning to be content with life but not complacent
...not caring about makeup and letting the tears run down your face
...feeling the spirit and knowing you are a daughter of God trying to do your best in life
...staying up late chatting like you were back in high school again
...bonding with girls who you've grown to love more by laughing, sharing, crying, and just spending a weekend together

so my weekend was a complete success. brooklyn survived and did extremely well for justin (which i hope means i get another girls weekend sometime) and nursing survived as well. this weekend was just what i needed. i came back a better friend, wife, and mother. now the hard part is taking all of those things i want to do and putting them in action.
i am so glad i made the decision to go on this little trip and for all of the memories i created with 4 friends that i'm even closer to now. so for all those women out there who need some rejuvenating - a girl's weekend will do just the trick :)

9 comments:
That's awesome! Glad you had a great time! I was wondering where you were. It had been awhile since you blogged.
I am so glad you came. I went to the doctors today and I gained 4 lbs in a month. I would like to blame it on the baby but I think it had more to do with the fries and chocolate cake but it was worth it!!!!
That sounds wonderful! I need one of those weekends.
Hey!! So tell me, did you guys just decide to go away for a weekend or was it something sponsored by the relief society? it sounds SO MUCH FUN!!! :)
Yes, lets keep in touc! :)
Great!! No offense but you kinda of needed one. Since your a mom now i guess you dont have time for fun now.Oh I almost forgot thanks for putting a post on your blog. I got tired of readind and reading the "My boys are back" post. Im tring to put as much posts as i can. But with book reports and homework and speeling menu its hard to fit it in.Also thanks for commenting on my blog.
I miss you as much as a dog misses its bone!:....(
Love you lots:)
Lissy
Oh man, I'm so jealous! That sounds wonderful. You are so brave to go away for a whole weekend...but I'm sure Justin was great with Brooklyn. I would love to do something like that!
Can I tell you how GLAD I am you came? I want you to know how much I enjoyed this trip, especially staying up all night talking! :)
What an excellent trip! I heard that conference is spectacular. And glad you're back - you've been missed!
Where did you attend the conference? My sister went in Chicago. I would love to go sometime.
Post a Comment