We had a fun packed Easter weekend! We absolutely love being so close to family now that we can go and visit often. Justin had Friday off of work so we were able to go to my parent's house for the entire weekend. We ate lots of yummy treats, played games, shopped, and watched movies together :)
Since it snowed 3 inches on Friday, we dyed eggs and had an Easter egg hunt inside on Saturday! Brooklyn loved getting her eggs, putting them in the basket by herself, opening them, and then trying to eat the wrapped candy.
After putting them in the basket she would take them right back out and play with them. The goodies must have looked too good to leave them in the basket.
On Sunday morning Brooklyn got her Easter basket from Justin and I (which I of course forgot to take a picture of) and wore her cute bunny ears while she ate her breakfast before church.
Then we all got dolled up, went to church, came home and ate an Easter feast, napped, and then headed home. Here is Brooklyn looking as cute as ever in her Easter dress.

What happened her nose you ask? It's rug burn. She fell off the bed. I was an absolutely horrible mom and had her on the bed while I did my makeup in the same room but took my eyes off of her for a second and she fell. Luckily, this was the worst that happened. Just a scraped nose. But I have FOR SURE learned my lesson :(
Something happened once she turned 11 months. Now she pulls up on everything!!! Her toys, baskets, the stairs, her crib. Now she has decided she can crawl on the hands and knees as well (the last 3 or 4 months has been nothing but an army crawl). Here she is modeling off her new abilities and new found freedom.
the happy family
grammy and grandpa
her aunties
When we got home we had received a package from nana and pubby (Justin's parents). Brooklyn was already asleep by the time we opened it but she had a blast going through another Easter basket with lots of goodies this morning.
She got so many cute things but I think her favorite was the crinkly paper and the little moving chick. She's quite spoiled :)
We had a wonderful Easter and hope everyone did as well! I can't wait till Brooklyn is a tad older and we can teach her about the reason we celebrate Easter along with all of the other fun things!
Since it snowed 3 inches on Friday, we dyed eggs and had an Easter egg hunt inside on Saturday! Brooklyn loved getting her eggs, putting them in the basket by herself, opening them, and then trying to eat the wrapped candy.

After putting them in the basket she would take them right back out and play with them. The goodies must have looked too good to leave them in the basket.
On Sunday morning Brooklyn got her Easter basket from Justin and I (which I of course forgot to take a picture of) and wore her cute bunny ears while she ate her breakfast before church.
Then we all got dolled up, went to church, came home and ate an Easter feast, napped, and then headed home. Here is Brooklyn looking as cute as ever in her Easter dress.
What happened her nose you ask? It's rug burn. She fell off the bed. I was an absolutely horrible mom and had her on the bed while I did my makeup in the same room but took my eyes off of her for a second and she fell. Luckily, this was the worst that happened. Just a scraped nose. But I have FOR SURE learned my lesson :(
Something happened once she turned 11 months. Now she pulls up on everything!!! Her toys, baskets, the stairs, her crib. Now she has decided she can crawl on the hands and knees as well (the last 3 or 4 months has been nothing but an army crawl). Here she is modeling off her new abilities and new found freedom.
the happy family
grammy and grandpa
her aunties
When we got home we had received a package from nana and pubby (Justin's parents). Brooklyn was already asleep by the time we opened it but she had a blast going through another Easter basket with lots of goodies this morning.
She got so many cute things but I think her favorite was the crinkly paper and the little moving chick. She's quite spoiled :)
We had a wonderful Easter and hope everyone did as well! I can't wait till Brooklyn is a tad older and we can teach her about the reason we celebrate Easter along with all of the other fun things!

8 comments:
What a fun Easter you had! Brooklyn always looks so cute, especially with her little bows on! I'm happy to hear that she's stopped army crawling after 3 months because that's what Rebecca does, too. It's good to know she's not weird! :)
pretty dress!
What a wonderful time you had! I'm so glad you went, even though we missed you!
How fun! I love her dress :) The nose part made me laugh, poor little sweetie! She is SOO adorable :)
Omigosh, so cute. Sounds like you had a ton of fun this weekend and that your adorable Brooklyn made out like a bandit! Sad about her nose, but it is awfully cute...
Even with a rug burn nose she is still too cute! All of us moms have had a kid fall off the bed. Luckily it usually only happens once before we learn our lesson.
I LOVE the dress! It looks like you had a fun Easter!
Glad you had such a great Easter! And thanks for your comment. I appreciate your support, even though we're both so busy. :)
Post a Comment