I got some berries at Micheal's right after Christmas for like 75% or 90% off. I used them to make 3 little wreaths. 2 have found homes on our bedroom wall and another in our master bath. Paired with some old frames I had that I spray painted black our large blank wall doesn't seem quite so empty anymore. Total cost - 5 bucks or less.
I have been longing for a clock in our living room. After making a few returns from Christmas gifts I had a gift card to Kohl's. I waited many many weeks until their clocks were finally 50% off, then used up my gift card, and then spent an additional $12 of my own money to purchase this beauty.

I have been longing for a clock in our living room. After making a few returns from Christmas gifts I had a gift card to Kohl's. I waited many many weeks until their clocks were finally 50% off, then used up my gift card, and then spent an additional $12 of my own money to purchase this beauty.

More wreaths. At Christmas time I received a gift card to Target because they messed up on a purchase I had tried to make. Using my gift card I bought some berry garland for our mantle. Well what I thought I would love didn't end up looking so good on the mantle so I cut it up and made it into 3 little baby wreaths.


Back in October we had a craft group at church and one of the projects we made were these. I didn't make one but had been wanting one. Well for my birthday a sweet friend of mine got me the supplies and we made them. I'm loving it - now I have to find the most perfect place to put it up.


The most recent addition is this little cutie! How sweet did it turn out? Adorable if I must say so myself. A ribbon topiary in colors that match our bedroom. It now rests atop our dresser and is the perfect little addition to our room. I made it with a friend and so we were able to split most of the supplies. We looked them up online and they were going for $60 bucks!!! Holy smokes - we probably only spent between $10 and $15 dollars for ours.


In our apartment I had this frame hanging on the wall. I switched out the quote with a picture of Justin and I and it now hangs in our master bedroom.

So decorating and making things look beautiful doesn't have to be hard or even expensive. Dig around in those boxes of junk in the basement, switch up something that you already have out to a new spot, get out a bottle of spray paint, etc. It always makes me so excited to walk around the house and see things up that look and feel new - especially when I know they barely cost me anything!

11 comments:
Everything looks so great. I need your inspiration around my house.
You are simply AMAZING! I love your taste and how you decorate things!!! :)
hugs hugs
it looks so nice :) I have been having the "nesting bug" and want to finish and re-do everything around here- so I don't know how you do it-being pregnant- I am so tired- I have to wait for my husband to get around to doing it- which is taking too long :) You have great taste- very cute house!
Everything looks adorable as usual! If you ever need a fellow crafting buddy I am game.
Your creativity amazes me! The decorations look great!
So cute...all of it! I get some great ideas from your posts, so keep them coming!
loving it!!!!
of course, it's all darling!
Oh, and my sister did find some hearts--I keep forgetting to tell you about it!
how did you make the topiary.....i would like to make one!
Those crafts look so CUTE in your home. I LOVE IT!!
LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! Maybe I can just learn by osmosis :)! I'm excited for those topiaries!
Post a Comment