Our Halloween started this year the weekend before the big day. Some
friends of ours always throw the most amazing adult Halloween party and we look
forward to it ALL-YEAR-LONG!!!
It was awesome as usual, there were super yummy treats, fun games, and lots of friends (with amazing costumes - how come I can't think of so many creative ideas?) to spend the evening with. This year I knew I had to take advantage of this big belly - so here we are before leaving for the night.
It was awesome as usual, there were super yummy treats, fun games, and lots of friends (with amazing costumes - how come I can't think of so many creative ideas?) to spend the evening with. This year I knew I had to take advantage of this big belly - so here we are before leaving for the night.
On Saturday was our church's trunk-or-treat. Justin and I happened to be two of the people in charge this year and so with the craziness that comes along with buying supplies, picking up balloons, ordering donuts, etc. we didn't manage to get a single picture from the entire night! It turned out well, was lots of fun for everyone, and our girls came home with huge buckets full of candy!
Unfortunately, that weekend Justin also got sick. On Saturday morning he had ended up in the ER getting stitches from a collision at church basketball that morning so when he wasn't feeling too hot on Sunday he wasn't sure if he wasn't feeling good from that or a 24 hour stomach bug that was going around - either way he was so sick he missed work on Monday and was in bed the entire day. Thus - we had to miss our friend's pumpkin carving night :( - maybe next year!
That meant 38 week pregnant, big, and tired mommy had to run the show and get the pumpkins carved and set out with the girlies - which let me tell you meant me basically doing it all - let's just say I wasn't in the best mood that night :( After all was said and done we got it accomplished. Daddy did end up helping scrape a little and Brooklyn did an awesome job drawing her pumpkin's face on. Towards the end of the night Brooklyn asked to carve an extra little something on her pumpkin and was so careful and skilled with the knife she proved she could have probably carved the entire thing herself - next year I better remember that!
Brooklyn also had to decorate her pumpkin that she got from the pumpkin patch on her field trip to bring to school. This is what her Addy came up with - pretty cute :)
That week Addy dressed up and had a party at preschool. She emphasized all the time that she was a 'nice' witch this year and was so excited every time she got to wear her costume. She got to go trick-or-treating, eat yummy snacks, and play fun games that day with her friends. I was lucky enough to be able to go in and be part of the festivities as well!
That week Addy dressed up and had a party at preschool. She emphasized all the time that she was a 'nice' witch this year and was so excited every time she got to wear her costume. She got to go trick-or-treating, eat yummy snacks, and play fun games that day with her friends. I was lucky enough to be able to go in and be part of the festivities as well!
Our actual Halloween started with pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin (orange) juice.
(that dang camera flash - so so hard to keep eyes open!!!)
Then we ventured off for the busy day ahead. My parents came up for the day to spend time with the girls and help me out. They brought treat bags for the girls filled with goodies and made a special effort to see each of them that day. They surprised Brooklyn at school with a Happy Meal which she was absolutely thrilled about! Then they took Addy to all the fun festivities that our library offers and spent the afternoon with her while I went to Brooklyn's class for her parade and party.
(that dang camera flash - so so hard to keep eyes open!!!)
Then we ventured off for the busy day ahead. My parents came up for the day to spend time with the girls and help me out. They brought treat bags for the girls filled with goodies and made a special effort to see each of them that day. They surprised Brooklyn at school with a Happy Meal which she was absolutely thrilled about! Then they took Addy to all the fun festivities that our library offers and spent the afternoon with her while I went to Brooklyn's class for her parade and party.
Brooklyn and her grammie...
Our night came to a close with mummy dogs and monster fingers (green beans) and then my witch and cowgirl ventured off for more loot.
Friends came by to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood with us and from the sounds of it they had a blast. Feeling very large and in charge I stayed home and manned the home front by sitting on my booty in my quiet house handing out candy to all of our trick-or-treaters!
It was a crazy whirlwind Halloween that left me exhausted but also got me super excited for our new baby, the rest of the holidays that are coming oh so quickly, and of course - next Halloween!









1 comment:
Since when did Halloween become such a busy holiday? That sounded like a fun week. I LOVED your costume...way to take advantage of that cute belly.
Post a Comment