Sunday, November 18 we welcomed our newest addition to the family...
elle marie jones
And for all those who like the gory details - here's how she entered the world:
My
due date was Saturday, November 17th. That week I'd had a few spouts of
just a couple of contractions. On Wednesday at my doctor's appointment I
was dilated to a 3 and 50% efaced - I thought for sure she'd be coming
very soon. After my mom finished up work on Friday she drove up to spend
the weekend with us in case the baby came. Absolutely nothing was
happening on Friday so I ventured off to see the last of the Twilight
movies and then went home for a restful night's sleep.
On
Saturday the rest of the crew (my sister's and stepdad) drove up to
hang out in hopes that a baby would be arriving sometime that weekend.
On Saturday we shopped, and shopped, and mall walked some more. Then we
finally settled in around 10:30 that night to watch a movie all
together. I was tired so instead of trying to stay awake to watch the
movie I started dozing off on the couch - although I wasn't having any
contractions I didn't feel quite right and told Justin, "I think we'll
be going to the hospital tonight."
Just
a short while later at 11:15pm the first contraction came followed by a
spout of having to go to the bathroom, then at 11:20 another, then the
bathroom again, and when I felt another contraction at 11:25 I told
Justin to hurry and pack up because we were heading to the hospital.
Addison's labor started the exact same way and I knew with only 3
contractions that this was the real deal and I wasn't waiting at home
for it to get much worse.
We
headed into the hospital and got there a tad before midnight. In triage
the contractions progressed to 2-3 minutes apart and I was at a 4 so
they confirmed they were keeping me and a little before 1ish put us in a
room. By 1:30 I was at a 5 and my doctor had arrived and everything was
in place for an epidural. he said if he broke my water we would be
having a baby too quickly for the epidural to kick in, so we laid around
for awhile to make sure the medicine had time to take effect. Once the
doc broke my water I went from a 5 to a 10 in just a short while. Once I
got the meds I was constantly throwing up so it all went fairly quickly
to me. Once I was told to push we had a healthy perfect baby girl in
about 15 or 20 minutes. She was born at 3:00am. on the dot, was exactly
7lbs., and measured 19.5 inches long.
We are all absolutely smitten with our new little one. So far she has been an angel. She is perfect and we're so grateful everything went well and that we now have this sweet little miracle in our family.
We are all absolutely smitten with our new little one. So far she has been an angel. She is perfect and we're so grateful everything went well and that we now have this sweet little miracle in our family.


8 comments:
congrats! 3 little girls must be so fun!
Congrats again! She's beautiful!
I am so thrilled we finally got to meet this sweet little girl! She is beautiful just like her momma.
Congratulations! She has a beautiful name, and what a perfect birth story.
She is so perfect - I am smitten with her as well! Well done, momma!
Congratulations! What a sweet name for a sweet baby. I loved your birth story:-)
She is such a dolly!!! I wish I could hold her, RIGHT NOW!!!
She is a sweetie for sure...congrats to you!!!
Post a Comment