Does anyone else recall when Pippi Longstocking put sponges on her feet and mopped up the floors? Wouldn't that be SO much more fun ?!?Can someone please invent these for me :)
Does anyone else recall when Pippi Longstocking put sponges on her feet and mopped up the floors? Wouldn't that be SO much more fun ?!?
8 comments:
I actually do my tile with hand towels and then I walk around cleaning my tile floors. We have ALOT of tile in our house and this works! I just get two towels wet with water and cleaner (I love Ammonia for tile, it's harsh but really works!) and then I go to town. It's the best wat I've found and afterwards I got a good work out and my knees don't hurt!
can't help you with the foot sponges, sorry! but, i used to hate mopping, too, until i found an awesome technique from a book called Is There More to Life than Housework? by Don Aslett. he recommends wetting the whole floor with water and a little cleaner (you have to be a little liberal on the water), letting it sit for a few minutes *that's the trick* and then going over again with a mop with clean water. no more scrubbing!! seriously, i was amazed how easily the dirt and stuck-on stuff came off after just letting the water do it's thing. i used to scrub on my hands and knees, but no more! there's lots more great tips in that book. btw, i have a neice named brooklyn as well as some good friends we knew in michigan with a daughter named brooklyn. i love that name!
I still remeber one Halloween you were pipi.if i can get sponges i could probably make it, and i need to know what you are.
lissy
Ooo, I hate mopping too! Tile can be really bad too, especially if it's textured! I'm sorry your knees hurt, that's no fun at all!
I totally feel your pain! We used to live in a house with ALL wooden floors, not one speck of carpet, and I would hand-mop every square inch. Our new house is going to have lots of wood floors too--I'm thinking volleyball knee pads or those kneepads you wear when you lay tile!
I am so glad someone else hates to do that as much as me! I love wood floors but vacuuming carpet is so much easier!
I love this post! I feel the exact same way about mopping, hence why it doesn't get done that often. :( But when I was a teenager I did the Pippi Longstocking thing! I just stood on sponges and cruised along the floor. Although, it would be even more efficient if you could put a strap on the sponges. And I agree it can be a really great work out. You should definitely try it! :)
i'm on it. i'll make them for you. then sell them and we'll make a fortune.
Post a Comment